
**my handsome boys in their church clothes**
I thought that when residency ended I wouldn't have to venture to Church without the hubs ever again. Wrong. So wrong. Apparently people still break their jaws or get stabbed in the face on Sundays. sigh. Thus was the case today (it was the case last week too). So I put on my Super Mom face and got myself, 3 boys, and one little lady fed and dressed and to church by 9 am. Usually all the the work is worth it once I get to church. This week... hmmmm... well, you be the judge. Tessa started screaming a few minutes after we sat down. If Bryan had been there, this wouldn't have too much of an issue, but he wasn't, so I had to get up and leave with Tessa and my 3 little duckling boys followed me out. Usually I would've gone to the mother's lounge to nurse, but my gang is a bit too large and loud to take there, so I found an empty room to nurse in and let the kids run around and hoped some guy didn't open the door and get an eye full. We made it back just in time for the closing song and prayer. But I was optimistic, now I could send the kiddos off to primary and be spiritually filled in Sunday School and Relief Society. Well a few minutes into class Tess was upset again. I got up and walked the halls for a bit, hoping to get her to sleep. While walking I ran into Brother So-n-so who was holding a sobbing Cason. He hasn't been doing too well in nursery. Once Cason saw me there was no going back to nursery. So now I had both my babies. Relief Society here I come. I got Tess to sleep, put her in the carrier, set Cason on my lap with a couple books and hoped I could listen to the RS lesson. That lasted about 10 minutes. Tess was awake and so sad, AGAIN! She is usually such a good baby, but today she was a grump. So I left RS toting the babe in arms and Cason following close behind. To the mother's lounge we went. Cason played in the drapes while I nursed. Back to RS we went, where we found them singing the closing song. Sigh. I hope the boys enjoyed their classes. And maybe, just maybe, I'll be blessed just for the attempt at going. Now we're home, Bryan's still at the hospital, I've got some cinnamon bears in hand and we just finished watching the Testaments (a movie about the Savior's life and his visit to the America's recorded in the Book of Mormon). I need a nap.
1 comment:
These three little boys and that sweet little baby girl are your blessings, and yes it is all worth it because in the long haul the habit of going to church and holding to the faith our Father in Heaven is saying "well done thou faithful daughter" and these wonderful children will be your greatest joy and blessings. I know that now when I see my sweet and wonderful daughters be wonderful mothers and raising faithful children. My girls are my greatest joy and blessing. It was all worth it and I tribute your mother that did the same as you felt today. I love you Kristen and thank you for beautiful grandchildren and your faith to raise them in righteousness and love. This picture was a wonderful gift to me today. I love you!
Post a Comment