
My view as I sit at our kitchen table. Gotta love a mountain view.

My mom came to stay with us, to help me with my new normal. How grateful I am for all her help! I've always said that when we give birth we should also grow another set of arms. Since that's not possible, my mama volunteers to be my other set of hands for couple weeks. We all miss her.

My biggest boy turned 6 a few days ago! He requested a pool party at his Nanna and Gunka's house, a remote control car and ...

...a beach cake. Yes, that's him and his brothers on the cake. I actually let the boys help me with this cake. They did pretty darn good.

My big boy started kindergarden this past week too. He's still not totally convinced that school is what he wants to do with his time everyday, but he's happy when he comes home.
Brans starts pre-k this week, and is beyond excited to go to "his" school. And I'm excited to finally get some one on one time with Cason. Bryan is VERY busy with his new practice... busy is good, though we don't see him as much as we'd like. It's better than residency though :) I'm so proud of him and so grateful for all his hard work.

And you know I couldn't post without a picture of our little lady. She's gained a whole pound... though she's still a total light weight. She still doesn't fit into any of her 0-3 month clothes. I did get a cute dress on her today for church though.

And the thrill of having a baby sister hasn't worn off yet. The boys must plant a kiss on her EVERY SINGLE time they see her.

And this last picture is for Auntie Michelle....

... who has provided Tess with some of the cutest accessories.
So Grandma is now gone but we're doing okay without our extra set of hands. I did have to change Cason's diaper while holding a sleeping baby, and have made a couple meals while nursing, but overall it's been a wonderful new normal. I wake each day, tired but so grateful for my blessed life.
2 comments:
My random thoughts in order of thinking...
Your mom is darling!
Ty is too big!
Tessa is delicious!!
I don't like this new normal, but I'm glad that things are working out.
It's fun to see how you are doing! Kids are as cute as ever and I could totally dig that view out my window!
Post a Comment