Monday, September 20, 2010

Think About It

My favorite parenting blogger (Ask Jane... it's linked on the left hand side) just posted for the first time in months (oh how I missed her encouraging words of wisdom) and bam, right off she says something about mothering that totally touched me, really got my thinking...

"You are the sun — the center of their world. A lot of responsibility, I know — but a warm place to be."

Beautiful huh. Read it again... and again. The center of their world. That's huge. Makes me want to sneak into their rooms and curl up with them in bed.


And here's a few pics, cuz I know my mother in law wouldn't want me to post without some pics of her grandbabies.

DSC_5134

My mother in law, Sister Christensen (now serving a mission in the Marshall Islands), just a day before she left. I'm pretty sure she was trying to figure out how to stuff Tess into her suitcase :)

DSC_5139

Elder Christensen and the hot hubs.

DSC_5163 DSC_5166

Biking, it's what they want to do all day long. Ty LOVES being training wheel free. He is seriously SO fast now. I have a feeling he'll be mountain biking with his Dad before long.

DSC_5171

Brans, who "hates picturing" got his training wheels off last Saturday. He was crying (literally) to have thm put back on about 30 seconds later.... no exaggeration.

DSC_5160

He LOVES that he goes to school though. He's doing his "homework" here and tells me the wildest stories of what they do at school. This kid has such an imagination.

DSC_5173

Cason and his bike. Sad but true. The kid didn't have a little bike, so anything with wheels that he could push around became his bike. He even insisted on wearing his protective helmet. Don't feel too sorry for him, Bryan showed up with Trudy's collection of little bikes and now he can peddle around with his brothers.

DSC_5155

Showing you his healed up elbow owie.

DSC_5182

I adore everything about this pic... the way Cason is looking at his big brother, the helmets, Cason's bare feet, Brans' shoes being on the wrong feet, too cute.

DSC_5198

And of course our little Tess.

1 comment:

Megan said...

-I saw that Jane posted.. haven't read it yet though.
-You were right about Brans & the bike!
-Cason & Milo could wander around & look like little dorks in their helmets. LOVE IT!!
-Love Tess in the blue stripes. Her orchid looks so much smaller than Viv's does.