Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Picture a Day

I've seen a few other bloggers doing the 365 picture a day challenge. As much as I enjoyed seeing their pictures I never really thought of doing it myself... until a friend of mine mentioned how fun it was to review them all together with her family at the end of the year. A picture a day of their year, how great to see that all at once! So I thought about the challenge and decided I would start (a few days late) and call it my 365 days of reality. Instead of day after day of my kids smiling happily at the camera (though I'm sure I'll have a few of those!) I'm going to try to capture that day's reality, whether it's a messy house, a lazy pajama day, a wrestling match or whatever life is like that day. So here it goes, today's reality:

DSC_8013

My Bug (Cason) picked out a new pair of flip flops today. He put them on all by himself. :) Yes, there's still snow outside. Little boys don't care about cold toes... not even his cute little crooked one.

DSC_8022

And today the little lady actually entertained herself while I made dinner. All she needed was a rubber pastry brush. (Okay, so I never said it would only be 1 picture a day.)

2 comments:

brent & meg talbot said...

oh, i LOVE this idea! and those toes are so fun! my little bug would wear flip flops everywhere if i let him. thanks for sharing -- i love reading your blog!

Janelle Ehat said...

Love love LOVE the idea! I might steal it! What a fun way to capture your family memories for the year!