Saturday, January 7, 2012

There's Always A Project

My goal this year is to actually finish all my half way done projects. I don't know about you, but in this world of blogs and pinterest I have created a list of a bizillion things I want to sew, spraypaint or bake. Sheesh, I have a cupboard just busting with felt. So today I thought I'd remind myself of the things I HAVE done. I dug through my pictures and found the BEFORE shots I had taken (some from over a year ago) and then today went around and took a few AFTER shots. This is to inspire me, and maybe you, that we can get things done... even if it takes a year :)

Project 1: An Outerspace bedroom for the boys

DSC_4587

The boys wanted a picture of a rocket, so I thought we'd make one. I free handed a not so great rocket (but my boys thought it was awesome), and then gave the boys some paint to fill it in.

DSC_4594

Then the boys and I decided to make hanging planets. A little flour, water, newspaper and balloons was all we needed to make them. Then some paint.

DSC_5323

DSC_5330

DSC_5325


AFTER: See our rocket and planets! Not bad. And so fun that they made them!

DSC_5796

My favorite part are the glow in the dark stars on the ceiling. I want some in my room.

Which leads me to my other project.

PROJECT 2: Master Bedroom

DSC_9493

My sad sad bedroom. Hand me down furniture, old stained comforter and oh so cream.

DSC_9498

DSC_9500

I collected things for my dream bedroom for months, tucked them away in the closet. And then one weekend when Bryan went out of town I went to work!

AFTER: my serene, heavenly bedroom

DSC_5778

DSC_5785

I painted and painted and painted this armoire. In my bedroom I painted (I couldn't move the thing). During naptimes I painted. While kids slept at night I painted. And it was worth it. I love my new armoire!

DSC_5782

New duvet, and nightstands, and actually purchased a head and footboard. And I made covers for old pillows.

DSC_5788

Had a picture I had taken of Bry and I down to Costco and put it on a canvas. Love it.

Projects can be lots of fun. I'm reminding myself. I've got a few in the works now. Thought they're not quite so fun. Like organizing my file cabinets. Here's to new goals!

2 comments:

Robyn said...

LOVE!!! I am so impressed!

The Wright Fam said...

Love it all!!! You are such a good mom, to have your boys help create their own artwork for their room!! It turned out soo fun!! And, I LOVE your new room!!! Love the green and I can't believe that's your old armoire!!! It looks amazing, you have inspired me!! :)