Okay, so I wasn't actually planning to write a recap this week, but as I sat down to watch my show, alone, I found myself wanting to discuss the nutso stuff that makes this show so great with someone, anyone, even my computer. So here we are, another recap. Well this week we're in Puerto Rico, and it's gorgeous. My husband and I are trying to plan a 10 year anniversary getaway and I think he's tired of me saying, "oh there was this place on the Bachelor..." but seriously, this show is great for the travel biz. I want to go everywhere they've been. Anyway, Ben arrives by plane, and apparently the girls took a little dingy boat across the Atlantic. Chris, in his more casual than usual plaid shirt (looking more hip than usual too) welcomes them and hands out the first date card.
Niki has the first date. She gets all dolled up, puts on an ugly one shouldered purple and yellow mini dress, and paints her nails the color of yellow fungus and heads out with Ben. They were out checking out the local shops and things when it started pouring rain. Now that they're soaked they've decided to go buy some new Puerto Rican threads. Niki bought a big scarf to wear and Ben went for the all white Julio Iglesias look. That night after one more costume change (she's in an aqua body squeezing strapless mini dress), they lay out on the beach and discuss her divorce. Her openess gets her the rose. They'd be good friends, but in my expert opinion, no passion.
Next is the group date: Devil Girl Courtney, My Girl Kasey, Lindzi, Red Head, Emily, Snaggle Toothed Rachel, Kacie S, Jamie and Horse Teeth Blakely. They're all going to a big baseball stadium, everyone is dressed in their best Lycra outfit. They spend hours running baseball drills and then the twist... they'll be split into two teams, who ever wins gets to continue on to the "romantic" beach party (how romantic can a date be with 5 other women?). Winners got to leave with Ben on a helicopter of love while the losers get the bus of shame. At the beach party My Girl Kasey, with her huge starfish ring, gets the rose and Ben gets a seductive invite to go skinny dipping from Courtney (smartly, though evil-y just planting the thought).
Jersey Shores own Elyse gets the last one one one date. They're off to a date on a yacht. She tells him she lost her job and missed her best friends wedding to be on this show (no pressure Ben). He's hoping the boat date will be like the magic of the boat date with Ashley. But no. I can tell. It's not there for Ben. The poor underwater camera man was there just waiting for entwined legs and almost naked hugging that usually accompanies such a date. But no. Nada (see Ben I can use my high school spanish class too). That night they're on the beach dressed in formal wear. He looks like the crazy orchestra conductor in a frumpy tux and wind blown frizzy hair. She's digging herself into a hole with comments about being annoyed with the girls and telling him that she just wants to be in a relationship sooo bad and wants to be married sooo bad (not necessarily with him, just anyone one, is what he hears). And like I guessed there's no rose for Elyse. No limo exit either. She gets her farewell in the dingy boat. Then they force Ben to walk along the beach, rose in hand, pants rolled up, for a "deep thoughts" scene. How does he keep a straight face?
Now its scandal time. As Ben arrives back at his room he discovers a loosely robed Courtney lounging on the stairs. I've changed her name to The Evil Seducer. After prancing around in her purposely opening robe she invites him to join her for a skinny dip in the ocean. Poor, dumb guy just can't fight the temptation. I can't believe she just stripped down in front of the world. And I can't believe he let it happen. This kind of thing really strangles his ability to develop other relationships and give them all a fair chance... and she knows it.
The next night at the rose ceremony I can see I'm right. He's distracted. No one really has a chance. All the girls try to work their own magic, most of them give him a kiss or two, and Emily tries to redeem herself by apologizing for talking bad about The Evil Seducer but then goes right into tattling about her again. Oh honey. That never works. Especially since he's been swimmin' naked with the girl. Well, the Roses go to Lindzi, boring Jamie, Snaggle Tooth, The Evil Seductress, Kacie S, Horse Teeth and The Tattle Tail. No rose for Red Head. Hopefully she'll head home and get her roots done.
Do you think Ben will ever really clue into The Evil Seducers true personality? Do any of the other girls even have a chance now? What do you think?
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I watched Ben on Ellen the other day and she asked him if he was in love. It didn't really sound like he was so I don't think he choses anyone. Or maybe he choses Courtney and didn't want to tell Ellen cause she was talking bad about her. Who knows. I can't believe he kept Emily around but sent the red head home. I don't get him at all.
I was kind of sad he sent red head home. She is an Oklahomian, you know! I am so sick of Courtney and who is this Jamie and how does she keep getting the rose? I still like Kasey and Lindzi. We will see!
Post a Comment