Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Dropping Like Flies

Good morning Emily!  Wish my mom brought me breakfast in bed after a fun night.  Emily may nver want this Bachelorette thing to ever end.  Chris arrives at the Pad wearing a sharp looking grey coat, holding the first one on one date card and spouting off things like "only one of you will become Emily's fiance."  Isn't that the weirdest statement?  So the first one on one date goes to Squinty eyed Chris.  Emily looks cute in her skinny jeans and casual slouchy motorcycle tank top.  She takes him to a building in downtown Charlotte where they're going to have dinner, but he's going to have to work for his dinner by climbing up the side of the building.  "I don't think anyone could wear the harness any better than she is right now."  Oh yeah Chris, that's cuz you haven't seen me in one.  Ha!  Okay, but yeah, even in a helmet and harness she lookd hot.  Sadly that's about all I saw of their date.  For some reason there was a glitch and it skipped all the way to the group date.  Anyone want to fill me in on how the rest of the date went!?

So the group date, she meets up with the boys in a baggy green and white sweater and short shorts and hair in a cute braided headband.  She's setting up the boys to go on interviews with her girlfriends.  Smart girl.   And how fun is that for her friends!   If any of you friends ever go on the Bachelor, I'd like you to know I would be MORE than happy to grill your Bachelors for you.  I have lots of experience picking out the good ones and spotting a bad boy (like 10 years worth of Bachelor watching!).  Emily's friends did well with their questions, though I'm not sure why they had Ryan doing pushups.  This was the first time that I took real notice of Sean though.  Her friends are right, he's "a genetic gift to the world."  Genetic Gift talked about his great family and his faith, pretty impressive.  After the friend interviews all these mom's brought all their kids to the park to play with the boys (pretty sure they invited some local day care too... or they're all Mormon :) LOTS of kids)  The Bachelor's did well with the kids, lots of sliding and swinging, though what did she expect?  Pretty sure any guy, whether they liked kids or not, would be pretending to have the time of their life.  Ryan took a minute away from the little people to talk to Emily and her friends, and TOTALLY stuck his foot in his mouth by stating that she'd better not get fat.  "I'd love her, I just wouldn't love ON her"  HOLY MOLY.  It's confirmed, he's as Shallow as I thought.

After cleaning the kid snot and dirt off of them, they all met up for a little party and lots of one on one time.  Our Genetic Gift got some one on one time and learned he was the friend favorite.  Daddy Doug really opened up and WOW what a life story.  He has overcome SO much and has become a great guy through it all.  Impressive.  Mr Dad Tony spent his night obsessing over how much he missed his 5 year old son.  Best advice came from Daddy Doug who reminded him that his son is probably having a great time and has the memory of a hummingbird.  Ha!  Totally agree.  I just went on vacation with my husband for a week, my kids cried and cried when I left and then didn't think about me for the 6 days I was gone.  Heck I could barely get them to pause from the party going on at home  to talk to me on the phone when I'd call.  Sadly for Mr Dad Tony, his concern pushed Emily to check her feelings for him and she realized she didn't see enough potential to keep him there and away from his son.  So bye bye Tony!  And the date rose goes to our Genetic Gift.

Next one on one goes to the Race Car Driver Arie.  She's got on a tight grey and white stripe sweater and short shorts with a pair of cowboy boots, a perfect fit for their trip to Dollywood.  Ha!  I've been there, well actually, I've been to Pigeon Forge, and saw the entrance to Dollywood, but we didn't go in.  Bry and I call Pigeon Forge the redneck Vegas.  Is that PC to say?  After winning a stuffed animal for Ricki and riding some roller coasters they went in to a theater to write down a love song.  And to Emily's absolute shock and amazement in walks Dolly herself (why was she so shocked?  She's in DOLLYWOOD!).  Dolly had a song all prepared for her Bachelorette fan and then had some girl talk with her.  Emily was star struck.  That night they dressed up for dinner (lovin' her red heels) and had some deep discussions about being ready to be a father and the demands of his occupation.  I think they're both really diggin' each other.  Oh yeah, and he got a rose... and some kissin' on the merry go round.

Rose Ceremony:  Cologne gets the first one on one time and BLOWS it by cutting her off over and over again, telling her that'd he like her to let him finish speaking, and just being annoying!!  She "doesn't like tall, skinny and condescending."  He is the center of his universe.  Heaven help his future wife.  The Egg man decided it was time to get rid of the egg gimmick and they celebrated with a Shelly smash.  weird.  Allesandro our red faced, furry, admitted gypsy, flat out tells Emily that taking her and Ricki on would be a compromise.  Emily stands up for herself and her family and sends him packing!!  She drowns her frustration in a strong cocktail and some smoochin' with Arie.  Our Genetic Gift also calmed her worried soul by comforting words of how great it would be to be a doting dad to Ricki.  Exactly what she needed to hear just then.  And to repay his kindness she offered him some kisses.  And the roses go to:  Water Drinking and Selling Jef (he comes from a Mormon family so I've been watching his drinks to see if he is an active Mormon too... so far, all he's had in his cup is water), Mushroom Man Alejandro, Daddy Doug, Shallow Ryan, Cutie Patootie Charlie, Long Haired Michael, Cologne, Egg-less Travis, John and Nate.  So DJ Jazzy Stevie has to dance his way off the Bachelorette Stage.  Yeah, I saw absolutely no potential in that one either. 

I really do think there's some potential in this bunch though.  And as for Emily, I'm totally liking her more and more.  She's pretty darn perfect.

1 comment:

Heather B said...

Okay, so I am way too invested in this season already. Emily is AWESOME. Although, I will say her only fault I have seen so far is that she does repeatedly cut people off before they finish talking. However, Kalon was TOTALLY out of line in how he handled it. What a brat. Maybe now that he pointed it out to her she won't do it as much. Ryan is an idiot too for making that fat comment. Duh. You never say that even if you think it. Also, I am liking Sean a LOT (although I am also cheering for my hometown favorite Jef. I had a crush on his older brother in high school.) Finally, did you read the other crazy details about Alessandro and his vampire stuff? Emily was wearing boots with her sparkly dress (when she kicked him out) because he had just taken her out to the forest to show her how he had hung a bunch of wooden crosses because he was convinced there was a vampire in the house! Holy crap! Crazy south americans. :) Also, I am 100% SURE that Alessandro did NOT mean that marriage and being a father was a compromise. The word in Spanish/Portuguese for "commitment" is "compromiso" and I went back and watched it again, and every time he said compromise, I could tell he meant commitment. It's so sad that he was so confident that there was NOT a language barrier. Poor guy. But still, WAY too weird.
On another note, your vacation looks SUPER DUPER awesome and if I ever go to Cancun, which I really want to, I want to do all that Xplor stuff you did!