Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Home Towns!

Emily takes a quick trip home and goes through a quick recap on the remaining Bachelors before heading out to all the guys hometown dates.  Gosh she's got a cute house.

Her first stop is Chicago with Squinty eyed Chris.  Emily's hair looks especially good today and I'm lovin' her bright red pants.  He started her Polish initiation by taking her to a Polish restaurant, where they stiffly talked over the happenings of the last rose ceremony and got a run down on the family she's about to meet.  Chris has a sweet family with two pretty sisters.  It was the normal drill, awkward dinner with everyone positioned  on one side of the table for the cameras, little interviews with mom and dad and sisters, and a big I love you from Chris.  Things were topped off with a big Polish party on the veranda.  Nice, fun, but sorry dude, I can tell you'll be the one to go.

Now we're in St George UT!  I used to live in St George!  Though I didn't live on a hundred acre ranch there like Jefy.  Emily got a peek into the life of being one of the rich Holmsteads!  After a ride in his cool all terrain vehicle they stop in a field to do some clay pigeon shooting where Jefy drooled over how hot she looked with a gun.  PS She really did look hot in her airy white tank dress and cowboy boots.  Afterward they were back in their ride which took them to the family barn and playground.  Pretty darn awesome property.  They were greeted by Jefy's brothers and sisters and their families.  Looked like a pretty normal LDS family gathering, minus the grandma and grandpa.
Everyone seemed to like Emily, including his cute little niece who climbed up into her lap to cuddle.  I think she and Ricki would fit right into this family.  Before she left Jef had a lookout point/makeout point that he wanted to take her to.  There he read to her a letter he had written for her.  I'm not embarrassed to admit that I got all teary eyed as he read it to her.  It was pretty darn awesome.  Jefy is pretty darn awesome.  And Emily thinks so too.

Next was Arie in Scottsdale AZ.  She arrives in a tight grey halter dress and heels.  Just perfect for a day at the races?  That dress was not gonna be able to get into a race car so we had another "Emily looking hot in her racing clothes" moment (I still remember her first one from her season with Brad).  After racing around the track they stopped to talk and drink on a blanket before continuing on to meet his parents.  His family is waiting for them in a nice AZ house (apparently race drivers can do quite well).  There she met his parents (very European, from their accent to their appearance), his sister and the double mint twin brothers.  Kinda weird but Arie's mom kinda looked like an older version of Emily.  Nothing too exciting about this day.   

Now we're in Dallas with Our Genetic Gift who is taking his dogs for a walk.  Emily arrives in a blue and pink maxi dress.  They just wander around the lake, picking wildflowers and tossing the Frisbee with his dogs.  I can't help but think they'd have super pretty children together.  They arrive at a pretty home and meet his pretty family.  Everything looks picture perfect.  And then the bomb drops!  He still lives at home!!!!!  Emily cooly acts like that's okay, but it was hard to hide the disappointment as he shows her his messy room that he wished his "mom had picked up".  Uh what?!  Oh wait!  It was a joke.  Phew!  That was funny.  Later we see that the jokes continued as his dad presents dinner to Emily... steamed armadillo!  Ha!  Well, if Emily learned anything about his time with the pretty family its that Our Genetic Gift just might be a perfect as he comes off.  As Emily drives off after their date he decides he just hasn't had enough of her and chases the car for a few block until they stop so he can steal one more kiss.  Pretty sweet.  Emily's gonna have some pretty tough decisions coming up.

Rose ceremony arrives and Emily's hair looks awful?  Who did it tonight?  It was extra poofy, very back combed.  She kinda looked like she was about to walk onto a beauty pageant stage.  Anyway, the roses went to Arie, Jefy and the final rose goes to Our Genetic Gift.  Were any of you surprised by that?  Nope, not here.  Squinty eyes, I was sure you didn't have a chance.  But from here on out I'm not sure!  What do you all think?  She genuinely likes maybe even loves all three of these guys left.  Who's gonna be the one she chooses? 

8 comments:

annie said...

My vote is for Jeff!!

Robyn said...

I think she chooses Jef. The reason I think this is because her in-laws, who were very wealthy too- say she is chasing the money. It looks to me like she has enough with the way her home looks! I like all 3 though!

Ashley Higley said...

How could she not pick Sean!? I think their blonde babies would be precious, and for his fam to have that house in the Dallas area, they have to have $$ as well. I see so many similarities with the southern charm dripping from both of them. I like the other 2 as well, but Our Genetic Gift is my pick! ;) (and your re-caps are my FAVE!)

Pearce Family said...

I hope she chooses Sean "Our Genetic Gift" He is so sweet and perfect. I love them together.

Heather B said...

Well I have to disagree, I think Sean is boring and chemistry is lacking! He's an amazing person, and he's hot, but I don't think Emily will choose him. I adore Jef. That make out spot is actually the backyard of the huge house he grew up in, up on a hill. That letter made me cry too. Way to pull through Jef. Arie is just a playboy. He never talks about Rickie. That's a bad sign.

Phil and Holly said...

Jeff. I wasn't a fan in the beginning but after hometowns I think he's so sweet. I totally teared up when he read that letter too :) for some reason I think Sean seems too into himself. Like he really does think he's perfect. And his calcified teeth bug me. He'd need to get veneers to fit with Emily. Arie would be a fun boyfriend but not husband

Mrs. J said...

Amen to everything Holly just said. I like Jefy. Love the letter...the moment he said he wanted to teach Rikki how to play sports, she totally melted. You can see it in her face. I think Arie is gross. Too slick for me. I think he reminds me of all those touchy yucky smoothish boyfriends from high school. I was always a fan of Sean, but like Heather said, he is getting a little boring to me.

Kris, you should count the number of times you wrote "pretty" in this article. It is "pretty" funny :)

Kenz said...

Give Sean's body to Jef and you've got her Mr. Perfect! Arie's mom was a little frightening. I think she would have a good family for Ricki with either Sean or Jef. Tough choice!