Thursday, July 26, 2012

NYC


These are my sisters in law.  They along with me and my oh so darling Mother in law decided it was time to have a girls weekend!

DSC_8229

Now if we were gonna do this (and organize work schedules, flights and babysitting), we might as well go big!

photo3

We thought New York City would be big enough!  Hello Times Square! 

photo4

My mother in law got us all set up in a hotel right in the center of things.  This was my view from my hotel window.  Pretty darn exciting, huh!

DSC_8223

We had three days to see all that we could see, and we were up for the challenge!  We did LOTS of walking, some cab riding (I was so proud of myself when I hailed my first cab!) and rode the subway... just so we could say we did.  This is Trudy and Missy eating big bubble gum at Rockefeller Center.

DSC_8220

I was so excited to see Central Park.  Though I am not so impressed with the city itself (for it's lack of sparkliness...ya know, movies make everything look a little better), I was VERY impressed with Central Park.  It's gorgeous.  And it's HUGE!

photo6

Of course we all had a few places on our "must do" list.  Serendipity's Frozen Hot Chocolate was on a few of ours.  Now I want to watch the movie Serendipity again.

DSC_8217

Even though the Frozen Hot Chocolate wasn't amazing (pretty much tasted like a good chocolate shake) the other stuff there was divine!  I ate two of the best sandwiches ever!  And Michelle ordered a fruity dessert that was to die for! 

photo5

Okay so I debated on actually posting this picture.  You just had to be there.  Totally nice part of town, really gorgeous mall (which housed a bakery that made some macaroons that I wanted to try), and they had these random, huge statues in the middle of it all.  Weird.  And funny.

photo7

We ate a lot, and at some great places.  Juniors for some yummy french toast, Patsy's for some okay pizza, Chevy's for some Mexican and best of all was David Burke Townhouse.  I'm tellin' ya, if you ever make it out to NYC, do not miss this place.  It's a bit pricey but worth every penny!  And don't miss the pretzel encrusted crab cake.  Holy heaven.  They should make it in loaf size.

photo11

We also hit all the touristy sites, Ellis Island (which was so touching to learn more about) and The Statue of Liberty.

DSC_8239

And the World Trade Center Memorial.  I didn't know that not only are they rebuilding the 2 fallen buildings but building 2 more as well. 

photo8

See the new skyline?  Those 2 taller buildings are the new WTCenters that are currently being built.

DSC_8230

And this is what happens when other people try to use my camera.  But Lady Liberty looks nicely in focus.

photo14

Highlight of my trip was the Broadway musical Once.  I haven't been that moved in a long time.  Like ugly crying going on at the end.  Downloaded the music last night.  Brings me right back.  sigh.  Really wish Bry would've been there to see it with me.  Maybe I'll just have to make sure to see it again with him.  This pic is of us with the male lead after the show.

photo13

And here's the female lead too!  We also caught a matinee of the Broadway musical Jersey Boys.  Warning, it was full of the most colorful language, but the music was awesome! 

Overall the trip was AMAZING!  We were so busy that I hardly ever felt sick from the pregnancy.  I ate so well.  I totally enjoyed the ladies I was with.  I slept great (no kids waking me up and the most divine black out curtains!).  And I didn't have to worry about my kids cuz I knew they were in great hands, and weren't missing me at all, in the care of my sister Holly (she will be getting her own post in a day or so!).  We all decided we need to make Girl's Weekend an annual thing... well after skipping next year since Missy and I will have a baby attached to us for a while.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

There just really is nothing like New York City, is there? So fun that you got to go as a Girls Trip! I must know where you got your yellow bag. I have been looking for a big yellow bag and I love yours! I need one with lots of pockets/compartments to get me organized!