Happy Birthday to my 5 Year old!!
Poor kid got dragged out in the snow to get a little birthday photoshoot done... it was like 20 degrees. We lasted about 4 minutes.
But I'm glad we got a few shots that day, cuz we ended up shaving his head a few days later.
Oh my handsome Bug!
He's been counting down to his birthday since Christmas. And to start off the celebration Bry and I took him to his birthay dinner (which actually was a lunch this year).
Of all the restaurants to choose from, Cason wanted McDonald's. After chicken nuggets and fries we wrapped things up with an ice cream. He just loved having us all to himself. (notice: bald head!)
Then the day of his birthday he woke up with a decorated house and with the cereal of his choice, Lucky Charms.
I was so excited that I got to make this cake for Cason because I wasn't sure if I'd be in a hospital in labor on his birthday (his birthday was my due date!). I also had my oven break down a couple days before and had just had it fixed that morning! But it all worked out and I got to make him a dragon cake that he loved!
The night of his birthday we had our family party. So grateful that we had his cousins and grandparents there to make him feel so special!
Happy Boy!
Afterward we had the kids line up to take their turns swinging at our homemade (did I even have to carify that it was homemade, ha!) dragon pinata. Ummmm, it was filled with old Christmas candy and fruit roll ups because I wasn't driving in the ice storm that had made our driveway into an ice rink to get new candy. Kids didn't mind. Candy is candy and beating a pinata is fun no matter what.
As everyone gathered to watch him open presents I was filled with gratitude to have so many people lovin' my kids (Nanna and Gunka were here too). He was so happy and loved every second of his special day.
I think he got everything he wanted and more... like his giant lemon from his Grandpa in CA. He can't wait to make lemonade. ANd I can't wait to have this baby. Cuz now that Bryan is back in town (he was gone for a few days last week), and now that Cason has had his own special day, and now that my dr has returned from his out of town trip, I CAN and am so ready to have this baby!
1 comment:
you really are superwoman! Good job, now go have a baby already :>)
Post a Comment