This is him now (a week old), but it all started last Saturday when I went in for my induction.
I was 2 days over my due date, and so ready to have a baby. We came in to the hospital at 9:30, and by 11:30 I was hooked up to everything with Petocin pumping, epidural doing its magic... but only dialated to a 2. (oxygen mask had to be put on only towards the end)
While I labored (slept), Bry studied for his upcoming boards. I totally enjoyed the quiet time.
By 5:00 I was only at a 4, but then one turn of my body from one side to the other, and suddenly I was at an 8 and getting ready to have my baby! By 6:25 I had a beautiful, healthy baby in my arms! I can't tell you how filled with gratitude I was!
I have to admit I was extremely anxious about this little guy. I had 4 healthy babies at home, how could I be so lucky, so blessed to have another healthy happy baby placed in my arms? But I did.
And he was beautiful, and had some good strong lungs, a great latch right away, little asian looking eyes like my Ty, a nose like Cason, and my heart was so full!
We are in love with #5!! And that was this little guys name for the 2 days in the hospital. No we still hadn't decided on a name. We quizzed everyone about our top 3 choices. I tried them all on him.
And when I woke up on my last day at my resort and spa... um, I mean hospital, I knew he was my Knox. So we made it official (filled in the name on his birth cert) and then buckled him into his (somewhat girly) carseat and home we went!
Where he's done a lot of this. Actually he's quite an alert little guy. He's awake and watching the chaos during much of the day. How could you sleep with 4 siblings trying so hard to make you smile?
We're all in love with the caboose of our family. And this time, I mean it. He's our last. My family is complete.

It took me a week, but I finally got to a little photoshoot.

See I told you he is so alert, not the usual sleepy newborn that I can usually mold into cute positions for a shoot.
Stats: Born at 6:25pm, 7 lbs 0oz, 20 in long
Even his mad face is cute.


And now reality begins. Five kids. Game on!
1 comment:
Congrats on baby Knox! He is totally cute. I have to say he is the first baby that made me think about having one more. But I am sure that feeling will be one soon. Yep, gone already :) but really, he is cute and you are amazing!
Post a Comment