Thursday, February 28, 2013

Moments of WOW!

This past weekend we took our first little vacation as a family of 7. We packed up the Jeep Commander and realized we have outgrown our car!! Every seat was filled with a body and there wasn't enough room for our clothes, a pack n play and some snow clothes. We were bursting at the seams! Guess we're gonna have to get looking for our next car... Suburban here I come! Once we did get everyone smashed into the car we drove an hour to our favorite local getaway spot in Midway. It's perfect for relaxing (well, as relaxing as things can be with 5 kids), doing something other than the norm, eating fun food (like ice cream for lunch), watching movies and swimming at the heated pool as many times as possible (I think we went 4 times in 2 days!)

  DSC_1000

I wasn't gonna swim since I had baby Knox sleeping in my arms, but I loved watching my brood of kids splashing around in the pool. This picture was taken when I looked up and saw what I've always dreamed of having... craziness, jumping, wrestling, happiness. There were lots of these moments this weekend. Like when we were all crammed into the car, Bry and I looked at it all, smiled and said "We made this!". Or at the ice cream store, with 4 kids sitting at the table with drippy ice cream cones, all of them laughing and trying each others flavors. Walking down the long halls of the hotel to the pool, watching the kids race each other to the end. Finding all 3 big boys curled up together asleep in the same queen bed (with an empty bed right next to it).  All moments of WOW!

DSC_0965

I just love my biggest boy Ty.

DSC_0947

I adore my now middle child Cason.

DSC_0939

Completely enjoy funny Mr Brans.

DSC_0960

Can't get enough of our sassy sister Tess, (who TOTALLY has her Dad wrapped around her finger).

DSC_0998

And suddenly can't imagine our family without my man Knox.

DSC_1016

It's crazy, yes. There are moments I want to pull my hair out or lock myself in my room for a quiet minute. But there are way more moments of WOW, they're all mine. How incredibly blessed I am.

1 comment:

5 dudes, a diva and total chaos said...

What a beautiful family! You took our pictures in Oklahoma and I have a son named Kasen and one named Knox!! Great choice in names!! I wish you were here to do our pictured again. :)