Thursday, April 4, 2013

Easter Party #1

Every year our Aunt Karen throws a fabulous Easter Party. My kids always look forward to it. What am I saying? I look forward to it!

DSC_1160

This year, on top of the delicious food, games and easter egg hunt, we had someone there to do face painting.

DSC_1174

The kids loved it!

  DSC_1173 DSC_1172

Tessa was thrilled that she was allowed to have someone color on her face. She attempts coloring on her own face quite often, which results in a much different reaction from me.

DSC_1203

Even our Nonna had her face painted :)

DSC_1162

She's only 82 years young. We love her so!

DSC_1182

Of course the highlight is always the egg hunt. Tessa didn't have to be talked through it this year, since her brothers have been practicing with oodles of empty eggs hidden around our house for days. But she didn't dash around like her brothers as fast as she could. Instead she's stop after finding each one, open it up, inspect her loot, taste, and put the empty egg in her basket. Oh how she loves candy.

DSC_1186

Brans was a happy camper!

DSC_1188

Each kiddo got a special egg with $1 in it. Reminded me of my ol' Lundquist easters of the past. My parents switched over to money instead of candy when I was a teen. After seeing the amount of candy my children consumed in one weekend, I'm thinking that's a great idea!

DSC_1191

My favorite part was watching Tessa's big brothers, after they had found their own eggs, helping her find the rest of hers.  

  DSC_1202

It was a great day. Kids were happy with their candy and I loved being with some of my favorite people!

No comments: