Wednesday, April 3, 2013

March Madness

DSC_1133

Our March madness isn't so much about basketball. It's more about things like St Patricks day, which this year fell on a Sunday. We had our Lucky Charm breakfast topped with Leperchaun dyed green milk. We were able to find church clothes that all included some green, ate green chicken and dumpling soup and made a green velvet cake (that was actually filled with buckets of green dye, but still turned out brown).

  DSC_1066

We had fun things at school like field trips and Dr Seuss day where the boys got to dress up as a book character (we chose Harry Potter and Little Bear Indian).

DSC_1085 copy

We decided it was time to sell the Commander. We just don't fit in it anymore. Sad... it was my dream car. It's still sitting in our garage right now, looking gorgeous now that it's been detailed, erasing all evidence of the family that tried their darndest to destroy it. Anyone out there interested in buying it??

photo1

And this is the new ride. Yep, it's official, we are a Suburban family. Love it. It fits us. It has lots of fun bells and whistles. It's like driving a bus.

photo

We're also getting ready to sell our house. :( We've already shown it to a couple friends. It makes me sad. Especially when I look out my windows at my view. I love this house. I love my neighborhood. I love this town.

  photo3

March Madness has included some basketball around here though. Bry has been to a few BYU games, including taking the boys to one of the NIT tournament games. They were thrilled (probably more about getting to stay up past their bedtime).

DSC_1087

We've also loved staying up playing chess. Ty has gotten pretty darn good. Gives Bry a run for his money.

DSC_1094

I stay up playing with this guy.

DSC_1149

He's been such a good baby. Hardly ever cries, just goes with the flow, and even sleeps well (waking about once a night for a feeding). And though he looks so serious here, he is actually SO friendly. He's full of smiles and cooing for anyone who will sit and talk to him.

DSC_1120

This little girl likes her little brother, but I think has begun a little jealousy. I think she's missing being Mommy's baby. But she'll always be my baby girl. And even when she's full of attitude and sass she's simple adorable.

So March is over, spring is here, and there is so much ahead to look forward to, prepare for and enjoy!

No comments: