I found an awesome condo for us to stay in. Not only was the condo great, but it had some fabulous perks, like the tennis courts.
The boys spent lots of time with Dad, trying to get that ball to connect with their racquet.
Someday they'll actually be able to give Bry a good game :)
Tessa liked running around the court.
But wasn't too happy that no one would give her a racquet.
After tennis we were hot and ready for some swimming.
I think we swam every single day, twice a day a few times. But we never tired of it. Even me. It's been a long time since I've been able to join my kids for a game of Marco Polo, underwater handstand contests and holding our breath contests.
Knox missed it all.
Well, except for one dip in the pool. He wasn't impressed.
The boys loved that the condo had an open fireplace outside on the patio, perfect for S'mores.
Bryan and I were in heaven, after putting kids to bed, we could sit out on the deck and read. Bliss.
When we weren't hanging out at our condo, swimming, playing or catching lizards, we headed out to enjoy all the fun just minutes away.
There was a day spent in Zion. Hiking with my family of 7! We were quite the sight. The 3 big boys were great at keeping up.
They were happiest when they found rocks to climb.
Tessa was thrilled to get to ride Daddy all day.
I got to strap my baby to me and bring up the rear of our little bunch. Had my fair share of "are they ALL yours?" I kinda forgot what a sight we are to people outside of our "Utah culture." It was a great day... except when my sweetheart decided to show the kids how he could feed the squirrels and one BIT him! Yep, drew blood and everything! It's been days, so we're now pretty sure he's not rabid :) Yikes!
Other days we spent in St George. We got snow cones after hiking up in Pioneer Park (awesome red rock! even spotted some bats!)
Visisted the temple there and went through the visitor center. Actually, Bry did that with the kids while I sat in the car and nursed a hungry baby.
And thanks to my friend Jessica for telling me about this awesome spot by the river, we spent a long afternoon here.
The boys and Bryan went hiking up and down the river for a while, watching the skim boarders. (hoping to get ourselves a board and try it too next time!)
I read a book (a FABULOUS book called "The Shoemaker's Wife") while watching Tessa get down and dirty.
Our pretty princess who loves mud.
When the boys came back from exploring the river we sat and enjoyed the afternoon reading and watching the kids in total heaven. Not a single complaint, no whining, no unhappiness.
We stayed til the sun started to set....

...and til Tessa's diaper could hold no more :)
It was an amazing few days of family and fun. We relaxed, we played, we got the break from the world we needed. Oh yes, we'll definitely be doing this again. In the future we'll add trips to the lake, 4 wheeling, shooting and some more awesome hikes in Zion. This place is perfect for this busy family of mine.
1 comment:
good for you for attempting that, not sure I would be so brave with a newborn :>) Looks like fun!
Post a Comment