Now back to Deadwood! And to the rose ceremony that never happened last week. The girls arrive by stage coach, and before a single rose could be handed out, Megan, in a totally NOT desperate bachelorette way (a rarity for this show), realizes that they just don't have the relationship that he has with the other girls, and decides to bow out. Yep, you didn't have a chance, now at least you go out with a shred of self respect. After a Chris Harrison scare (he threatens that one still must go home), Farmer Chris says he's using his veto power and he's choosing to not send anyone home tonight. Sighs of relief ensue, until he announces their next stop is IOWA!! Never have more people cheered about going to Iowa as did there in that room!
So they're off to Des Moines, Iowa (to clarify, this is NOT his home town of Arlington which is about 3 hours away)! And the first date goes to Jade! She's the lucky one that gets to go see the farm! After hours of corn fields she arrives at his house. He gives her the tour, and yes, it really needs a woman's touch, and then they're off to see his property. The town is beautiful and quiet…. and oh. so. small. We're talking no restaurants, like you have to make your own dinner every single night, small. And just when we're thinking there isn't another soul in the whole town he takes her to the home town football game where she meets his mom and dad and the rest of the town. I like a small community, where everyone knows each other and the school is so small that some of the football players are also playing in the half time band performance. He then shows her around his school and lives out his high school fantasy of making out with a playboy bunny while leaning against his lockers. She gives a few hints that she was a little bit of a rebel in her past but is waiting for the right time to drop the actual naked bomb.
The next date goes to Whitney and they're going to hang around in Des Moines. First stop is a photography gallery. I wish they had spent more time showing us the photographs. Afterward they're handed a camera and are off on an assignment to take pictures that show their love story (the pictures would've been more true to life if he was holding other girl's hands while kissing Whitney). He giggles and she is annoyingly perky. They bore me as a couple. That night at a bar she, dressed in her leather leggings (maybe I need a pair of those) gets a surprise! She's going to meet Chris' 3 best friends. His last surprise was a poorly drawn cartoon version of one of their love story pictures on a wall outside the bar. She squealed with delight while fans took pictures (I would've totally been one of those people).
Back at their not so extravagant hotel room (I'm starting to think abc had a super low budget for this season) the other girls decide to take their own road trip while Whitney is out on her date. A road trip to Arlington. Good idea. Ya better get an idea of what may be in store at the end of this deal. After driving through the entire town someone yells "Did we miss downtown?" Carly, in a weird jean jumper, can see that Britt just isn't feeling great about this middle of nowhere, ghost town. No surprise to any of us.
The group date goes to Britt, Carly and Kaitlyn. Britt has her high tops on (I had a pair that looked just like those when I was in 6th grade, except they were pink with sparkly laces) and white jeans (I had those in 6th grade too) but had to ditch the shoes for ice skates. An ice skating date. How awkward is one guy holding 3 girls hands while couple skating? I have to admit, they all did better than I thought they would do. I probably would've been clinging to the wall, going in circles. Britt saw her chance after a game of hockey and snagged Chris for some one on one time, and laid on thick the "I love your small town nothingness so much." But then Carly made sure to set things straight. Poor Chris, you could see the shock on his face. Kaitlyn in her beloved half top scored the rose after pouring out her insecurities to Chris. And then Britt totally freaked out, in front of everyone. She pouted those lips and whined that she had been so open and vulnerable with him and that it made her really question his interest in her when he gave the rose to someone else. Uh Britt, that's what EVERY ONE of the girls is doing. You're not the only girl looking for some validation! Chris was not impressed.
The last date was for Becca. It was a super casual date, hanging out at his loft, talking about how she's never been in love and kissing in the sunset. Really. That was it.
In the meantime, Britt tells all the girls that she's going to leave the show. And I'm totally aligned with Carly's theory, that she's doing this to get him to beg and SHOW her that she's the most important. But Britt gets a wrench thrown in her plan when she hears that Chris doesn't want a cocktail party and wants to go straight to the rose ceremony. She still tries her darndest and stops the rose ceremony to try to manipulate the situation, but my man Chris sees through it! And tells her he can't see her in his life as his wife! Oh yeah! Stinky Britt sat on the grass and cried. Apparently the getaway car wasn't ready for her yet, so she walked home. Then the rose ceremony begins and Jade, Whitney, Becca and Kaitlyn will be getting home towns. Goodbye Carly, but girl you should be proud! You did your part! You had a major role in the downfall of Britt. There was a getaway car ready for her.
Now, yes we're still going, on to the hometown dates. First is Shreveport LA with Becca. What's with her blouse? It's like a fancy super hero cape with spaghetti straps. We learn that cute Becca is very reserved when it comes to men. Never really had a serious boyfriend, doesn't do the PDA thing or bring guys home. Does this scare off our farmer? I don't really know. After meeting the fam he surprises her with a trip to the state fair ferris wheel, where they make out like crazy, and she decides she's falling in love.
Next is Chicago Il with Stiff Whit. Whitney takes him to her fertility clinic, shows him the ins and outs of her job, introduces her to the man room (full of Jade's favorite magazine) and then they're off to meet her sister, brother in law, uncle and Grandma (mom passed away and dad hasn't been part of her life). And though her sister scared me a little, I have to admit Whiney Whitney is actually growing on me. I don't know if it was seeing the softer side of her or her story about sharing her super expensive wine with the man she would someday marry, and then popping it open to share with him. Talk about some pressure.
In Phoenix AZ we meet up with Canadian Kaitlyn in a dirty back alley. Maybe as payback for making Kaitlyn "sing" on one of her past dates, she's making him write and record a rap song. He does. not. have. rhythm. But I guess it was cute. Afterward it was time to meet the fam. They win for the best dining room table ever (outdoor around the fire pit). Just like her, the family is a little unconventional, but also like her, they're sweet and lots of fun. To end the night, and to prove that she's letting down her walls, she brings him to another dark alley and surprised him with a billboard that's flashing Kaitlyn [heart] Chris. Not really my thing, but I guess that's cool.
Lastly is Gering Nebraska, Jade's small town. He meets her family at her home with a deer head staring at them from the living room wall. He seems so confused by the comments from her dad and brother about this "wild mustang" he's dating. What? Sweet, quiet, reserved Jade has a wild side? Well later that night she not only TELLS him about her stint with Playboy, but SHOWS the guy. Oh goodness. I may have missed a little of how he reacted because I hit fast forward for a bit of it, but you could see Chris was a bit uncomfortable. I mean, what do you say to that? Gave him a lot to think about.
And finally (wow did I just watch like 3 hours of Bachelor?) the roses go to Whitney, Kaitlyn aaaaaaand Becca! Jade, in her one armed black evening gown (oddly paired with white satin heels) is told goodbye, NOT because of what she shared with him (yeah right) but because their relationship just wasn't progressing as fast as the others. uh huh. Poor Jade. She really is a sweet gal. Sad that a decision she made a few years ago may haunt her for years to come.
So we're down to 3!!! Let me know who you think will win this farmer's heart! I don't think it's Kaitlyn. I'm hoping it isn't Whitney. But I'm hesitant to think Becca could pull it all off (not literally, I'm hoping she sticks to her guns about waiting until marriage!). But, yeah, I'm rooting for Becca.
2 comments:
I think it will be Whitney, but I am really starting to like Becca. I so hope it is not Kaitlyn. I can't imagine her foul mouth raising little munchkins...can you?
You should get some leather leggings... You could totally rock 'em!
Post a Comment