Sunday, August 24, 2008

Culinary Genius!

Okay not exactly genius, but FUN for sure! My friend Megan and I had seen a blog of a friend of mine who had a gourmet group and we were so jealous! We wanted a Gourmet Group...so we put together a Culinary Crew! It's a group of women interested in trying out all those fancy shmancy recipes we see on Food Network and in magazines. We organized it so that we get together once a month and a different partnership cooks each month. This month was the first one, and Megan and I hosted it. IT WAS SO FUN!!!! Planning it, shopping for it, decorating, plating the food, cooking, all so fun!! We can't wait for the next one in September...though it'll be weird to not be the one cooking!
. The Hosts...after a long but successful day

Some of the great gals from the Crew!

Decorating was half the fun!

Virgin Mojitos

Chicken Tikkas with Cilantro Mint Chutney

Parmesan Edamame Crostini

Avocado Spinach Salad in a Bacon Cup

Chilled Stawberry Soup


Grilled Mahi Mahi with Pineapple Relish on a bed of Coconut Couscous

Orange Mousse

A HUGE thanks to Sara!!! We loved this menu! You were so much help!!

11 comments:

BrieAnn said...

WOW!!! That looks amazing!

Phil and Holly said...

wow thats awesome kris! How in the world do you make it all and have it ready at the same time?? I wish I lived nearby so I could be a part of the crew too!
-Holly

Jeri said...

I must have your strawberry soup recipe. I have tried a few, but cannot find a recipe I like. So, if you could pass it on I would love it.

Also, loved the place settings and the food looked divine. How fun!

Mr. & Mrs. Smith said...

Oh my gosh, I don't know how you guys did that all! Looks delish!

Kenz said...

Quite amazing! Those pictures belong in a magazine. I am totally obsessed with the Food Network and dream of being a gourmet cook.

Brooke is out in Minnesota with her little family. Her husband works for 3M. She's got 4 little kids, her youngest just turned 1. We are hoping to try and get them a little bit closer. They are doing great! I've been trying to persuade her to start a blog, but no such luck so far. Here is her email: brookeswift@hotmail.com

Ammon and Brooke said...

Good heavens!!! It all looks so professional. I am so impressed and wish I had a gourmet group too. My food wouldn't look half as pretty as yours!

Laura said...

What a fun idea! I'm with Jeri - can I get those recipes?? Especially the strawberry soup and the avocado salad in bacon cup. Mmmmm . . . . looks great!

Okey's said...

Wow! I am so impressed. That sounds like such a fun idea. Everything looks beautiful. I know you have lots to do, but maybe post some of the recipes that were a hit and not too hard to make. I also watch the FN and sometimes things work that I try and other times not so much!

Tara Wayne Malakai Maddux Kenya Alofipo said...

Wow! That all looks amazing! Great job :)

Unknown said...

whoa - hold me back!! that looks so good! mmm, particularly the edamame crostini! warmly, -melanie-

Sara said...

I'm so impressed! I put your blog on my reader, but it must not be working. You did a great job! Seeing your pictures makes me want to do it again. I'm hosting an authentic 4 course Mexican dinner tonight for my friends from India, Asia and Saudi Arabia...whenever I decide to update my blog I'll post pictures. I'm going to Vegas in two weeks for our September dinner - can't wait. You guys should start a blog for your group and post recipes so I can try them out. Glad everything turned out!