Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

The boys awoke Halloween morning, ran into my room (where I layed all cuddled up with Cason) and told me they were ready to trick or treat!! I was excited too! This is like the best holiday ever (I really do love Christmas too...I mean it celebrates something important...but Halloween is just so FUN!!) After explaining to them that the trick or treating wouldn't begin until it got dark (which I repeated about a hundred times throughout the day) I decided not to fight the excitement, so we dressed up in our Peter Pan themed costumes and headed out to the park to take pictures! That made all of us very happy!
.
Ty aka Captain Hook
Brans aka Peter Pan

Thank you Nanna for some FABULOUS costumes!

Ty worried that people would be scared of him when they saw "Hook" coming. I told him to just tell everyone you were a nice Hook. He disagreed, "No Mom, I'll just tell them that it's really just Ty dressed up as Hook" you know, just in case you couldn't tell :)

So did you notice Pan's sword? It's an attachment for the vaccuum.

Oh and let's not forget Cason! Aka the crocodile that bites off Hook's hand!

Of course there were sword fights! Go Pan!

Oh, I'm already thinking about next year's theme!
..
After pictures we continued in our costumes by putting on a little Halloween parade for the folks at the retirement home down the street. The kids (we all have playgroup together) were a little shy, but the people there sure seemed to enjoy them. We'll be going back for Christmas for sure!

FINALLY! The much anticipated time for TRICK OR TREATING! Oh and they were so NOT disappointed! They're still buzzing from all the candy.


Oh Halloween, how I will miss you. Eleven whole months until the festivities begin again.

8 comments:

Devin, April, Gavin and Drew said...

Oh my gosh they are so cute!!! I love their costumes! I love the sword fighting picture! So cute!

The Gray Family said...

so cute! I had a friend who did similar costumes for her kids, but she wore a blue nightgown (for Wendy) and her husband had a funny costume too (is his name Smee? I forget.). ANYWAYS...you are so cute with your matching theme!

Phil and Holly said...

Kristen these pics are hilarious! I love their costumes! I had a smile on my face the whole time I scrolled down your blog. Give them all big kisses from me!
-Holly

Okey's said...

I love all of your pictures!!! Happy Belated Birthday!!!YOu look great and I love your hair color.

Nicole said...

Those costumes are so absolutely adorable! I love these!

Lisa said...

I love a good costume theme!! The photos are amazing too!

I just wanted to let you know that we made our blog private, so if you would like to be added on, send me your email at lisaowens99@msn.com.

Thanks, Kristen!!

Tonya Tuggle said...

Ok these costumes are darling. I am amazed you get these great shots of your kids. How do you get them to pose for you? Incredible. you could be a professional photographer!

Laura said...

Fun, fun, fun! Great costumes. :)