Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Pumpkins

Tomorrow is Halloween and I think we've accomplished all on our October to do list:
Pumpkin Patch - check!
Play in leaves - check!
Watch Charlie Brown's The Great Pumpkin - check! (I don't remember it being so lame)
Make and decorate Halloween shaped sugar cookies - check!
Carve a big happy face and a little sad face on our pumpkins - CHECK!
.
Do you have any fun traditions for November? I'd really love to hear 'em!
Decorating cookies - bats and ghosts
Poor Cason didn't get to join in on the cookie decorating. He shouted his disapproval from the floor below us. Check out Ty spooning in the icing! Oh the SUGAR!

Ty actually carved his own pumpkin this year...with a little help. What a big boy.

Brans, helping his Daddy spoon out the guts...slimey huh!

Cason, finding things to put in his mouth. Yuck!

Ty described to us what the pumpkins should look like.

The magical part is lighting them.

1 comment:

~Jen~ said...

I like to have each family member make a list of 10 things the are thankful for each year. Then I save it and when we do it the next year I pull out the past years list and see how they've changed.

I also like to send lots of thank you cards during the month for things like being a friend, etc.