This post is more for my record than anything else (it may totally bore those of you reading). But I must document that today I had a perfect day. Now I am not talking about some amazing trip to Disneyland kind of day. I'm talking about a day I would happily live over and over again. A normal day... wake up, get dressed, play with kiddos, eat, nap, cook, clean, etc... but a wonderful, peaceful, enjoyable normal day. Why was this day so perfect? Everything went the way I dream of a day going.
My unusually perfect day:
Though I was awoken too early, as usual, I wasn't grumpy (not my norm). I curled up with big boy 1 and big boy 2 on each side of me on the couch, with little boy 3 on my lap. We watched Curious George and cuddled. I wasn't in any rush to get anywhere or do anything. We ate some cereal and then the boys disappeared into the bathroom. They were there for a little while so I went in to check on them (long periods of time in the bathroom can be dangerous...water, toilet paper, soap, urine, poo...all scary). What I found put a huge grin on my face....both boys naked standing in front of the toilet. Big boy 1 was teaching big boy 2 how to pee....and you know what...it worked! Big boy 2 peed in the toilet for the first time today!! Go Brans!!!
.
Thank you Ty for helping with the potty training. Brans decided he needed big boy underwear now, so while he pranced around proudly in his new undies and eating his potty treats, I went and tackled a job I would usually just wait for my hubby to help me with. I lowered the crib mattress. Little Cason is getting so busy it is risky to keep him up so high, he's about to crawl out. Now this whole situation is mentioned because I was able to complete the task without having to stop once! No argument to diffuse, no sad baby wanting to be held, no bum to wipe. All little people entertained themselves happily, occasionally coming in to cheer me on. This also happened when I showered and got ready. Seriously amazing at my house.
Well after we got ready we decided to walk to our neighborhood park. Weather was perfect, warm sun on my face, cool breeze. We stayed at the park for almost 2 hours! All 3 boys were squeeling with delight, burning off energy, and I was totally content to just sit and enjoy it, and even joined in. I hopped on the swings and amazed big boy 1 and 2 with how high I could go and showed off on the monkey bars. This is unusual for me. Sadly, I usually am a sideline cheerer or a referee or a time watcher. Not today. Oh and Brans peed his pants. But I knew it would happen, so I didn't get all worked up about it, and kept on playing.
When lunch time rolled around we headed home, and while they ate lunch (which they ate ALL of!)..... I baked cookies! Then all 3 kids napped and I accomplished everything on my to do list....uh, never does that happen. When they all woke up 2 1/2 hours later, we did a craft!!! Ty and I put together his foam pirate ship, while Brans destroyed it (but Ty didn't care!!!) and Cason ate it.
There wasn't a single timeout until 7:00 pm. I didn't raise my voice at anyone until after bathtime. And both Ty and Brans told me I was a "cute mom" and a "great mom" today. sigh. Could it be like this tomorrow?
5 comments:
Yay thats wonderful! I love hearing all the funny, cute things my little nephews say! Sooo cute that Ty was teaching Brans the ropes of going pee like a big boy :)
-Holly
Seriously CUTE picture of your 3 boys! That would be one to enlarge and hang up.
Congrats on the perfect day, we need one here too...someday, I'm sure.
That really does sound like a perfect day. I'm glad that you appreciated it too and shared it with us. :)
Kristen, the pictures of the boys are positively darling! Oh my goodness, I could gobble them up. You and Brian have done a great job! Thanks for the sweet comments on this old ladies looks........love ya
Kristen! That does sound perfect and so well written! You ARE a cute mom! AND you have perfectly cute kids! I love the pictures and the fun stories! Thanks for the perfect peek into your life!
Post a Comment