
Okay, so I'm sure you are all totally waiting for my commentary on tonights "finale" ;) well, I have gone thru a pluthera of emotions while watching the DRAMA unfold. First I must say, I almost wish I didn't know about the rumors, cuz it spoiled the sweetest proposal ever! Oh and everything that followed the proposal tainted it too....BUT those few seconds of happiness were pretty darn cute. I must say I was rooting for Melissa. Some guy is gonna be super lucky to have that girl.
.
But to backtrack.... the Deanna thing... dumb... all for ratings... I googled her a while back, she's been dating some guy for a while...the whole scene with her and Jason was one big splicing creation. The production team had a fun time with that one.
.
Okay and then after the finale, here's my take on things. One, I don't hate Jason... sorry I'm not on the hating train (google the finale...there's a LOT of haters out there). Here's the reality (in this "reality" show) he had to pick one, he did, it didn't work... surprise surprise, that's why we date...like really date, without cameras, just going to the movies and then out to eat. He didn't marry her and then decide it didn't work out. I've dated people where it started out fabulous and then it just changed. That happens. The stinky part for these people (Jason, Melissa, Molly) is they're doing it on national television. Okay, so maybe he shouldn't have given her a ring... well that's part of the show. And that's what we must remember. People are hating him for changing his mind and doing it all on TV... well that's what ALL the people involved signed up to do. Remember 24 other people, well technically all 25, got dumped on TV... this last one was just a bit more complicated. I don't think Jason is an awful person. I think he did what he felt was right for him and the rest of his life.
.
You'd think after all the drama tonight I'd be ready to be done with it all, but nope! We got one more hour tomorrow that I have to look forward to.
.
So what'd YOU think?
11 comments:
HATE the Bachelor... never want to watch that show again. What a bunch of bunk...all lies from all parties. ABC needs to be punished
-Holly
I am really sad that I heard the rumors as well. I also thought the proposal was adorable. Melissa was just too cute with her reaciton. Loved it.
I don't know what to think....such a crazy ending, I'm sad for ty and him thinking that Melissa was going to be his mom and now he has to deal with that. I'm sad for Melissa because this has to be like a slap in the face. I'm sad for Molly because she went through 6 weeks of grieving the relationship when she didn't have to. And I'm sad for Jason for all the people who now hate him. Yes...sad for all involved. I hope he and molly can find happiness...then it will make it all worth it..hopefully. I just wonder if he will then start thinking about melissa now that he has molly.
Anyways... long story long, those are my thoughts :)
Sorry I'm also on the hater train. I can understand the change of heart... but he could have easily broken up with Melissa in private like EVERY other bachelor/bachelorette. As much as I'm disgusted with him, you bet I'll be watching tonight!
Oh gosh-- I think what Jason did to Melissa on national TV was ruthless... He should have more class than that... Seriously, he couldn't have just pretended everything was ok for her sake (for the after show) then later break up like everyone else does... Then he cried-oh gosh- he is not Mr. Nice guy anymore! I could see it in his eyes that he lied when Melissa asked if he had been talking to Molly- LIAR is all I have to say!
Molly should have watched what he did to Melissa before they brought her out there. I have lost a lot of respect for Molly too!
I could call Jason a bunch of names right now, but I won't! I can't believe the spoiler was true and that it really got leaked! I was hoping it wasn't true. I wanted him to stay with Melissa.
Jason craves the spotlight... he was on the bachelorette, then the bachelor, now he does this?! Seriously, just cause he does that on national TV does not mean that it is ok. I think he is soo selfish. I am so glad Melissa called him a you-know-what... that was the best part. Ok I am done! bye for now!
For what it is worth - this is what I think. I don't like Jason. NOT that I don't understand that his mind may have changed or even that under the situation he wasn't thinking clear enough to make the correct decision. I actually get that and understand that can happen. BUT I think it didn't have to be handled the way it was. Yes, they signed up for this on air process. But he didn't HAVE to propose either. He didn't HAVE to give her the ring. Other bachelor's haven't. He could have said to Melissa, lets try and see where it goes. Not - will you marry me, be my wife AND bring Ty into it. But then I think was worse was the on air break up. My husband thinks she already knew he was going to break up with her. But I'm not sold on that. Even if she did - it was terrible. And the immediate on air play for Molly. I just think they could have interviewed them all individually and then let Jason privately say good bye to Melissa, privately make his case to Molly and then yes, do another after the rose show with him and Molly. I feel terrible for Melissa. But I'm glad she didn't melt and beg for him to keep her. I was proud of her for saying - don't contact me again. And I agree, some guy is going to be really lucky to have her. And I totally hope if the bachelor offers for her to be the next bacheloret(sp) she says no. But I can't say I won't watch the next, b/c I probably will.
Oh. My.
I had to lift my jaw up off of the floor numerous times last night. I thought the proposal was darling and I really like Melissa. And then came, "After the Final Rose"--yikes.
I was glad Melissa got sassy with him. I know Jason had a contract, but these are people's real lives...it was too much to handle. I don't know if I can bear to watch another hour tonight. What the heck else are they going to torture us with???
For all of you that hate Jason for breaking up with Melissa on TV - you need to watch the Jimmy Kimmel that was on late that night after the finale. Jason was a guest and he said they (him and Melissa) had talked about their relationship and where things were going before "After the final rose" and he was even wondering if she was even going to wear the ring to the show. Granted HE is saying this, but is seemed like the truth. He was very honest and straightforward (again... perceived) but I think I believed him. He said they talked a ton about it on the phone before hand but weren't allowed to see eachother in person for a little while before the taping. She pretty much knw what was coming. He also said that he "signed" up for this relationship to be on TV and so that is the contract he had to follow. Just find the interview on YouTube to see what I mean. :)
I am not a Jason "hater". The Bachelor is such an artificial way to "date". How can he even remotely get a feel for what it is going to be like in the real world on that show. I think it is more brave that he did this knowing the crap he was going to get. I don't blame him for being honest and he said he hated hurting anyone's feelings. He would tell his son to do the same thing... follow your heart/gut. And I would give my own child the same advice.
Oh and I think the whole Deanna thing was so contrived... even Molly saying he was making a huge mistake... I am a little skeptical with what exactly was set up. Reality TV... sha-right. But its sure fun to watch. I was seriously nervous and SO stressed during the show last night... It was a blast!
P.S. Please excuse my rambling... I tend to do that. :)
I am not a Bachelor die hard. I wait until there are four left and magically get hooked. While I think Melissa is a great girl [I loved how she thanked the limo driver and wore her heart on her sleeve], I was rooting for Jason and Molly. The spoilers made me happy and sad at the same time. The thought of everyone being hurt isn't a good one, but everyone did get hurt. Maybe that makes it "real" reality television. I think the most compatible pair are intact...at least until tonight. ;) I'm no Jason hater, and I don't think any less of Molly. Our hearts do funny things. The way I met my husband was so random/unexpected that my heart had a lot of convincing to do on my head. If it does work out between Jason and Molly, it will definitely be a fairytale of sorts.
P.S.S. One more thing... I was seriously cringing when Jason and Molly started holding hands then KISSING on "After the final rose"! Come on!!! As much as I am for him being honest and following his heart... That was ICKY!! Give it five minutes!! Say you want to see where it goes PERIOD!! The kissing and cuddling was so skeezy!! And that's what I have to say about that.
Amen on that HIllary. I was okay with the whole switcheroo, but not okay with the kissing. A little too much too fast. Though, maybe all that dating 25 girls at once thing screws up your head a bit...like it's okay to go from one to the other.
That is exactly what I wanted to comment was about! I thought it was lame that he broke up Melissa on national television, but it really bothered me that he just started kissing Molly! It is one thing when they are on the Bachelor and that is part of the process, but he just broke off a three month engagement! They spent holidays together! I mean come on! They should have saved that until the cameras were off.
One last thought... So, what will happen when he starts missing Melissa? I'm sure he will. Melissa and Molly are totally different. There will be a hole where Melissa was, just like there was a hole where Molly was.
Post a Comment