
At first I was really frustrated with all of us getting sick, especially since my hubby was out of town the whole time in Canada. But ya know, there are a lot of reasons I've felt very grateful and blessed. Though the Lord didn't exactly answer my "please don't let all of us get sick" plea, he took care of us in so many other ways.
This last week I abandonded the thought of trying to get anything done. I happily sat on the couch, with my kids tucked all around me, reading books, coloring and watching lots of Halloween specials on TV (LOTS of tv... Cason now hops up on the couch, hands me the remote, points to the TV and says "movie"). I didn't answer my phone much, I didn't have photoshoots to dash off to, I didn't try to keep up on my laundry and with my hubby out of town I didn't even feel bad not having anything spectacular to eat (none of us have had much of an appetite anyway). I've had dear friends call to check up on me, bring me groceries, medicine and pizza (I'm not offended that they dropped it at the door step and ran). I haven't seen the outside of my house in about 5 days, but I've giggled and cuddled with my kids more, taken more naps, and watched my baby sleep in my arms. And no one has had enough energy to make much of a mess in the house, so we're actually doing okay there.
Now, I think we're on the mend. Ty and Brans had their first 98.6 degree temp this morning. WHoo hoo! Another reason to be grateful.
8 comments:
I couldn't help but giggle a little when the picture popped up. Bless their little baby hearts. This shot captured it perfectly. I'm glad you're all on the mend.
Hope they're better enough to come to church on Sunday so I can see you before I leave!
I love silver linings, but it will be good to see your face again!
I'm so glad you got to relax, even thought you relaxed while being sick. Sometimes I think we get sick so we can take a break and enjoy the good stuff in life a little more. The picture of your boys is priceless. I hope we can hang out soon.
Those poor sick babies! All six of their eyes in that picture are so sad! (It's a great shot, though!)
You are my hero as far as looking at the bright side of things. I'm now almost wishing we would all come down with something! :)
I'm glad you guys are feeling better! That is a great picture to capture the last few days Ü
I didn't think it was possible for children to look so much like their Dad and then at times look like there mother as well. They are a perfect mix of the two of you and DARLING to boot. Love you all....xoxoxo
Hi my name is Heather. I am an old friend of Brians. You have a beautiful family! Tell him I said Hi! My families blog is www.socalmcmullins.blogspot.com
Post a Comment