Thursday, April 8, 2010

The First Set of Stitches

DSC_7236 IMG_0241

I'm amazed we've made it 5 1/2 years with no stitches in the Christensen household (I'm not counting my giving birth stitches :) But a couple days ago our run of luck ended. Brans was the winner, with about 6 stitches to his lower lip.

IMG_0244 IMG_0245
Daddy was luckily in between surgeries, so we just headed down to the hospital to have him do it. Thankfully my mother in law was in town so she watched Cason (I saw them zooming around in wheel chairs and blowing up rubber gloves) while I helped assist Bry on the stitches. Is it mean to say that was kinda fun? It's been years since I've assisted, even if it was on a little thing with my own little boy. Brans didn't think it was fun at all.

DSC_7253 DSC_7256
On the way home we stopped for some popsicles... his reward for being so good. Brans couldn't open his mouth enough to get in in, so I chopped it up in a bowl for him.

DSC_7258

His brothers benefitted from Brans' reward too. Looks like Cason really liked his popsicle. Pretty sure they'll be more days like this in our future. sigh.

4 comments:

The Gray Family said...

honestly, it's amazing you have made it as long as you did. we have already had to deal with stitches, skin glue, and staples (they joys of boys, right???)

The Carlson Crew said...

I am so incredibly impressed by your long run without stitches. We had two sets within weeks of moving to OKC! That is pretty amazing and awesome. Way to go!

Laura said...

Oh -- poor little guy! Shocked it took that long for any stitches with your boys. :)

Nicole said...

I think your husband picked the right profession with three boys!!! I LOOOOOVE surgeries and blood and all that stuff...but I gotta hand it to you...the only time I got totally nauseated and light-headed was when Anna split her chin open. Something about seeing it on my own child (and it was like...THREE stitches). He's a cutie, even with a busted lip!