Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My Status Updates

Since I am sitting next to my computer every 3 hours or so to nurse, I thought I'd jot down a few "Status Updates" (that's facebook talk for letting the world know whatever is on my mind) to help me remember the realities of the last few weeks. Here's a couple thoughts from the last couple of days:

*Four kids isn't too different than three... you're still out numbered and have more kids than hands.

*I need to have an orange julius every single night after getting all the munchkins to bed.

*Night times aren't fabulous, some nights are better than others, but by the 4th kiddo you know that it will only last for so long, so it's much easier to deal with.

*If I decide to eat one oreo, accept the fact that I'm actually going to eat 10.

*The days that I don't shower and get dressed, I am less productive and grumpier. Note to self, no matter how tired you are, just get dressed. And on that note: showers aren't just for cleaning the bod, it's actually therapeutic. I'm in a much better state of mind if I do this little task.

*Cooler weather makes for a happier, more grateful me.

*I must find me some Sweets Cinnamon Bears. Must.

*My 'n laws rock! They just left for their mission, left everything behind. I'm amazed at their sacrifice. I hope I'm that brave someday.

*I'm attempting to decorate my home. I realize this is not a talent of mine. I can't think outside the box. But I can copy. So glad others can think outside the box. Now I just have to pin point who's talent I want to copy.

*My boys are drawing poop right now. really?

*I love Tessa's name. I've never been so happy with a decision. I love to say it... whether I'm crooning "tessa eve" or shortening it to "tess". It's perfect.

*I really need to get back into the habit of reading scriptures to the boys. I've been totally slacking... for like 9 months. Excuses are over. That goes for Family Home Evening too.

*Finally fit/squeezed into my "fat" jeans today. Not sure if that's supposed to make me feel good or bad. (and let's not even discuss the muffin top)

*Having a girl, it's like playing dress up with your dolls all over again. I may not get dressed every day, but I can assure you she is always dressed, including her hair accessories.

*The Christensen family loves the show Wipeout. The boys get a huge kick out of it and Bryan and I totally welcome some brainless entertainment after an exhausting day. Acually I think Bryan and I laugh WAY harder than the boys do when we watch it.

*I made spaghetti sauce from the tomatoes in our garden last night... and then I broke down in tears when all my kids looked at dinner and said "ew yuck" Sigh. This is why I shouldn't cook when Bryan isn't gonna be home for dinner. I need at least one person to say, "wow, this is so good!" (which it was! Seriously, I don't know how I can go back to my Prego when the tomatoes are gone).

5 comments:

Megan said...

I so agree with the shower & getting dressed thing!

Sounds like you need to learn to can, so You can make & bottle your own sauce.

Janeal said...

Kristen--you crack me up! I constantly think of "status updates" that I would post if I had time as I am going through my day. I am glad to hear that you are normal and during moving, having a baby, and starting a new life basically, you have slacked off a little with scripture reading. I always think of you as perfect so it is nice to realize that no one is perfect; we are all just doing the best we can. And I can totally relate to the not cooking when the hubby is not home...I usually regret it because I make a huge meal and I get the exact same response from my kids!!!

The Carlson Crew said...

I laughed out loud at the comment about dress up with your baby girl....it's so true that Rylee is dressed in a cute coordinating outfit everyday, even if I am dropping Spencer off with my PJs still on!

I love that things are going so well for you guys...you deserve it!

Anonymous said...

i LOVE this.... I am so glad someone else live on my planet...;)

Shuldberg Family said...

I feel the same way about making dinner - it's just a waste of time and money when they don't eat it! It's good food! Oh, well.