Yay! It's my favorite episode of the show, the home town dates, and I'm so excited even if it is Ashley. We start things off at Ashley's apartment where she is making us suffer through ANOTHER recap. Have mercy, please don't waste our precious Bachelorette time with stuff we've already seen. I'd much rather see more of the crazy stuff at the homes of our Bachelors.
So after we don't learn anything new about the guys, we get back to her apartment with her cute little Yorkie dog (you know how people say that people look like their dogs... well...) where she's getting packed for all her trips around the country.
And her first stop is in Cummings, GA with Shaggy Constantine. They greet each other with the usual for this show, lift-her-off-the-ground hug and sit on a bench in the freezing wind (thank goodness she has on her warm black jacket over a cute patterned shirt) and he tells her they're off to his restaurant, Georgio. I TOTALLY forgot that he's a chef. He just went up like ten notches in my book. I just might drop his Shaggy prefix and focus on the positive here. They giggle over a pizza hand made by Ashley (not exactly culinary genius since my kids make a mean pizza too). The waitresses all sigh as they watch the couple kiss after lunch (nothing like kissing after eating Italian). Next they're off to see his cute Greek family in their beautiful home. I actually think Ashley looks like Chef Constantine's sister, just a little less Greek. And then the totally not normal for meeting a family for the first time conversations begin, where they talk of how good he is with kids, and ask would she move for him, and discuss how he needs to take his time. But despite it all I really like them. And just as things were feeling like they were wrapping up the doorbell rings and his fun, boisterous extended family shows up. Suddenly there's hugs, flying money, dancing and grandma's clapping. I actually thought it was a GREAT night. Chef Constantine just solidified himself a rose I think. And, I'm amazed I'm saying this but JP I think you've got a run for your money.
Next is Ken Doll Head. I wonder if he gets the mishaped features from his mom or dad. We shall soon find out. He's currently living in New York, NY, but his family is in PA so that's where they meet up. I was pretty sure Ken Doll came from money and boy did this date confirm that! His family's gorgeous country estate looks straight out of a magazine. Actually so does his family. Ashley kind of sticks out in her orange tank and jeans. He's in a flannel and oddly his forehead looks longer than usual. And did he just get a spray tan? After introductions, Ken Dolls' biggest cheerleader, his sister, pulls Ashley over to their indoor pool for a talk. I can tell sister can see through Ashley's vague answers. She also takes the time to clue Ashley in on some very personal matters. Apparently they lost their father when Ken Doll was only ten and then later on lost his step father (who was much like a father to him) a while later to cancer. Did Ashley know anything about this? Ashley had a good talk with sweet reserved mom and then Ken Doll and his ever sticking out powder blue boxers came to take Ashley on a walk. Across their gorgeous acreage they go for a picnic under a blooming magnolia tree, "I can't think of anything more romantic" he declares. He's really trying to step up the romance since his sister told him to. He woos her with his words which earn him a very passionless kiss (at least that's how it seemed from my view). Somehow he then comes up with a team of 4 horses and a couple coachmen to drive them through the forest. Man this kid doesn't want for anything! Well except for maybe a rose after this upcoming rose ceremony... not sure if this was enough passion for Ashley.
Now it's Shaggy Ben's turn in Sonoma CA. Have you ever been to Sonoma? Oh you really must go. It's amazingly beautiful. She's in a moss green tank and a creme sweater and cute cowboy boots. I'm thinking either someone else is dressing her or her winter wear is just much cuter than her exotic location wardrobe. She's excited for this date since "everything about him screams sexiness." Shaggy takes her to his winery for a picnic and wine tasting. Then they sit and talk on the porch of (maybe his) house while it rains. Then off to his mom's house, another beautiful home (looks like Ashley's got expensive taste in men) for conversations with another protective sister, a sweet mom and lots of tender talk about the somewhat recent death of his father. I may have gotten a little misty eyed as Shaggy spoke about his dad. It may not have been the most romantic hometown date, but I think it was real and helped Ashley see more of who he is.
Now we're headed to Long Island to see JP. She's in a darling cream belted top and jeans with cute embroidery on her seat. He surprises her with a seriously fun date... roller skating! Holy flash back, the disco ball, the music, the fuzzy floor where you put the shoes on, but that's where the similarities ended. I never got kissed on the rink floor, hey I was lucky if a guy even asked me to skate during the couple skate time. After free skate time was up they pulled a big round sitting thing out to the center of the rink for a picnic. Pretty creative there buddy. Next we met his sweet family, where all they focused on was how badly his heart had been broken in the past. So you let him tryout for the Bachelorette?!!! Come on now, 99% of the people on this show get their heart broken! Nice family, but nothing too exciting.
Back at the watered down driveway of the Bachelorette mansion Ashley arrives to discuss all the abnormally normal hometown dates with Chris. Then the Rose ceremony begins and honestly I'm not positive about who is going home. This is one of the first times that all of them are a good choice (though her choice in formal wear could've been better, a black Lycra mini hooker dress with her bra showing through the lace back.) First rose goes to Shaggy Ben, then JP and then.... Chef Constantine. Ames (out of respect of the departed I'll use his name) looks absolutely shocked. Ken, whoops, Ames offers a stiff elbow and walks Ashley out, and in a sweet but robotic way he tells her how great she is and then he's off. In the limo he's visibly devastated and says he was so looking forward to "a lifetime of adventures with this beautiful woman, now I'm back to sharing a lifetime of adventures with myself, which is... uh... less enticing. A lot less enticing." Sad.
So next week the final 3 are off to Fiji, where JP apparently drops some shocking news (what do you think that is?) and a mystery man re-appears (who do you think he is?)
Monday, July 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
O man! I love this episode too! I want to know what jp's news is, I seriously have no idea, what do you think? I am kinda liking Constantine, I will be home for the finale we shuld have a party!!
Post a Comment