Monday, July 18, 2011

I'm Going Back To Cali

Well, we already went back to Cali. I daringly decided I would drive SOLO with all my kiddos to my hometown in California to visit my folks and sister's family. Uh, that is 13 hours in my car. To be honest, I wasn't too worried. Thanks to a portable DVD player, Leapsters and lotsa snacks, we did just fine (no thanks to my GPS that actually got me lost for a bit). Once we were there the fun began! The first day I held a Mom's Photography class which was SOOO fun! No not because of my teaching but because I got to see a few of my friends that I haven't seen for YEARS!!

The kids were so excited because my parents house is full of lots of "new" toys, a garden to eat out of...

DSC_2758

and it's where the boys get to play with their cousins (we're talking one 6 year old, one 5 year old, three 3 year olds and three 1year olds!)

DSC_2764

and I got to meet this darling little nephew of mine for the first time,

DSC_2753

and we got to eat lots of the best corn in the world... seriously. Fresno State corn is AMAZING. We brought some back with us and had it for dinner last night... like as the main course (we paired it with a yummy berry smoothie and had the perfect summer dinner. I wish I had brought back more corn.)

DSC_2772

And Bryan played like he was 18 again with our brother in law Phil... and cracked his tail bone in the process. (this is them watching videos of themselves jumping off a bridge)

DSC_2544

And we did all sorts of fun things, like spent the day at Wild Waters (total blast from the past) and played at the splash ground,

DSC_2542

DSC_2519

DSC_2520

DSC_2553

and ate the syrup-iest snow cones... I want one now

DSC_2507

and of course swam as often as we could.

Oh it was glorious. And then when it was all over we drove the 12 hours back (yes, I shaved an hour off my time this time). It would've been perfect had Brans not puked all over as soon as we got home.

No comments: