Saturday, July 16, 2011

Is This What Every Summer Will Be Like?

Since I've been married summers haven't been much different than the rest of the year. I mean, yes, the weather is different, but really everything else was about the same. Bryan still had school, with MAYBE a week or two break to go visit some family, I still had a job to go to, and then later had kids to take care of just like every other day. But this summer has been so much different.

First off, its an actual summer break from school... aka a schedule. I'm a schedule kind of girl but I totally welcomed the freedom of no kindergarten or preschool to get everyone to. I'm sure I'll be happy come August to get back to a routine but for now I'm still happy with some chores in the morning and then letting the boys play all day with each other and whatever cute neighbor boy shows up.

DSC_1312

Ty and his crackers and cheese stand... considering we live in a quiet cul de sac, his business venture wasn't too successful.

DSC_1126

Summer wardrobe: often its swimsuits, jammies all day or just plain nothin'

DSC_1450
Indoor camping: smores, movie and sleeping all together in the living room.

I love that Utah is the place that everyone else visits in the summer! I've seen so many friends, some that I haven't seen in years. So fun!

DSC_2340
The Rolfes - our dental school buddies

And even had my sister and her family visit from TX. We had lotsa fun with them!

DSC_2196

Hogle Zoo

DSC_2199

The Cousins

DSC_2215

Dinosaur exhibit

DSC_2225

DSC_2230

Took the train (our Frontrunner) to Salt Lake where we played in the Gateway fountains and had sushi at Happy Sumo.

DSC_2262

And thanks to cousin Brooke and her love for kitties we now know what to get Tessa for her birthday.

We've also gotten to celebrate the 4th and had a trip to CA (pictures to come).

And to think we're only just over half way thru the summer!

No comments: