Thursday, July 24, 2008

Doctor Dilemma

I was raised that you only went to the doctor if you were dying. Now that I have my own little kiddos, I can see why my mom didn't run to the doctor for every rash, cough or fever.

Example: Yesterday little Cason was starting on day 3 of a fever. My mommy instincts told me, no worries, wait it out, its probably the teething, even if its not, what's a doctor going to do except tell me that he has a fever and keep nursing and giving him Motrin. But there's this other voice that says, what if its some awful sickness that the doctor could diagnoss and avoid something life threatening! Well that little voice won over, as it does sometimes, and this is how the doctor visit went.....

Mrs Christensen, Cason has a fever, please go pay your copay, thank you.

Okay so they checked his ears and stuff too, but UGH! A month ago I paid a copay for the doctor to tell me that Cason has perfectly clear ears too.
.





Oh, and Cason is doing fine today! And has two little teeth sticking out of his gums!




3 comments:

The Gray Family said...

after a few of those visits with Brendan I bought a $25 otoscope off Ebay, and now when I think his ears might be bothering him I check them myself! It has paid for itself many times over, and saved me a lot of hassle :>) Cason is getting so big! I love little chubby baby pictures. My favorite pic for the hair is the last one, by the way, although you would look fabulous even if you shaved your head!

The Wright Fam said...

Poor Cason!! I love the cute pics, they look professional!

Tara Rickards said...

LOVE the cute pictures!!! Those are adorable! I'm glad he is feeling better!