Yesterday, in keeping with our GC week, we got to know our sweet prophet, President Monson. I curled up in Ty's bed with he and Brans before they went to sleep. I brought with me a big picture of President Monson, a story he told, a conference ensign and a flashlight (this was to help them focus). Here was our lesson:Who is our prohet?
Who does he talk to?
Show big picture- This is our prophet.
Do you know his first name? (they got a kick out learning his name was Thomas...just like the train!)
He tells REALLY good stories, do you want to hear one?
Told story and talked about it
Opened Ensign to the 2-page layout with all the general authorities
Who can find President Monson?
When do we get to listen to our Prophet?
I'm so excited!!
Then we sang "Follow the Prophet"
Then I got them into bed and I sang "We Thank Thee O God For A Prophet"
Before I went to bed I taped the pic up right by where we eat breakfast. This morning they were so excited to see it and shouted, "there's Thomas!" So we talked about him a little more.
No comments:
Post a Comment