Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Rocky Mountain Cookies

1 c shortening
2 c brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

mix, then add
1 c milk
mix, then add
3 c flour
mix, then add
4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate bar (melted)
walnuts (my dad prefers) OR chocolate chips (I prefer)

350 for 10 minutes

tastes even better the 2nd day after baking

3 comments:

Mrs. J said...

I am shocked! You just gave out a secret family recipe! you passed this thru Daddy-o first right? :)

Christine said...

ooooohh! I can't tell you how happy you just made me! Thanks for sacrificing a family secret! I won't take it for granted! :)

BrieAnn said...

I finally made these tonight. Wow! Jake is in heaven. I had to improvise the chocolate square (it says how on the back of cocoa powder). I definitely chose chocolate chips over walnuts. The batter is just as good as the cookies!