Monday, July 27, 2009

And the Winner Is...

Okay, so we're to our last and final episode... so sad... oh wait... there is still the After the Rose tomorrow. Whew. One more episode to look forward to. But back to this almost final episode. First is the family date with Ed... and his unbuttoned pink shirt and hairy chest. They go to meet Jillian's family (mom dad and pretty cousin... man it would stink to be an only child). There's introductions and some intense question from Jillian's mom (and her sweet accent). Nothin' too exciting, well except for Jillian's rockin' turquoise ring. But one thing is clear, Ed's love is real. He's real. I don't think he's just in love with the Bachelorette, but with Jillian. He asked her dad for his blessing and dad said he'd be doing somersaults if he proposed. Me too. Then, of course abc had to throw in an awkward thing to entertain us... which tonight is Jillian's family and Ed doing the hula.

Next family date with Kypton. Sorry ladies, I just don't like him. I know they like kissing each other, but physical chemistry can only take them so far. And it bothered me that when Dad asks, "Are you in love with Jill?" (why did he have to ask?!) that his answer was ... "I..I...I..uh I..." and then some around about answer, instead of "heck yeah, she's my woman."

Anyway, after the family dates came the last day dates. First it was Ed, who is really failing me in the outfit department! Again...weird outfit.. pink shirt over a grey and green 80s tank top. And the short green swim trunks are out again. If those were just a joke, why are we still wearing them?? And you'll never guess what type of transportation got them to their date destination... ANOTHER helicopter ride! Are they supposed to be some sort of aphrodisiac or something? Well, the love copter dropped them off in a cool spot, where they swam, ate, kissed and Ed said all the right things... "you're perfect for me" "I'd never do it again... I'd never leave you again." But she wants more? Seriously how needy is she? Watching Ed say good night to her that night made me realize he'd be way more hurt (more than Kypton) if she didn't pick him.

Then to Kypton's day date. It bothers me when he says things like "she is the kind of woman I want," not THE woman he wants. He's not as sure as Ed. But they did look very cozy on their little private island, paddling around on their surfboard. A little shout out to my hubby (who probably isn't going to be reading this) but I SOOOOO want to get to spend a little quality time with him in some of these places doing these things. sigh. someday. I'll put together a getaway for the two of us, all planned out by reviewing old Bachelor episodes :)

Anyway, back to "reality." So now she's gotta pick. So they all ponder, boys go and pick out rings (I wish ABC had helped pay for my wedding ring), and they get dressed. I think the white evening gown is a weird choice. Did she want to look like she's wearing a wedding dress? It was just missing the bouquet and veil. Both guys were in purple ties... my guess, she said it was her favorite color. At this point my guess was she picked Kypton... it's who the show was kinda hinting toward.

Then here comes the first limo....... its KYPTON! But what does that mean? Are they tricking me? Where's Reid? I know he's supposed to be on this show. Kypton walks over the pool bridge and her nervous smile gives it away. She's missing her usual giddiness and it makes me think she's dumping him! Yep... she's tearing up.... oh just stop him before he gets down on his knee (abc must require to her to hear everything he says... wants to humiliate him as much as they can). And YES I was right, DENIED. oooh poor Kypton. Bye dude.

Next limo! But wait... it's a random minivan. There's Reid! He's got some funky shoes on. It's a total surprise for Jillian. They embrace and then the camera crew repositions them so we can see them both better. He full on proposes to her! He's got guts! Oh I think Jillian might need a paper bag to breath in. Please someone give the girl a minute to think things through!! She excuses herself to sit on the couch to do just that and on cue, here's Chris, to wisely talk her through it. Good advice Chris (what's your gut telling you, how would it feel to have Ed here proposing... oh here comes that Jillian smile). And it's settled. Though she feels bad for Reid, it's ED SHE LOVES!! So seriously, nice try Reid, but no engagement for you. I do think you rock though. So with piano music playing and lots of crying and hugging, Reid gets back into his minivan with his ring. okay, onto ED!

Now, the last limo (at least I think it's the last limo, or is Wes coming along to sing her another song?)... here's ED! He begins talking and I see Jillian's giddiness. He opens up the ring case and the dolphin squeals begin. Oh there's love in the air. Yeah for our happy couple. Now tomorrow night we'll see if they're still happy. Who do you think will be our new Bachelor?

I know.... how could she resist :)

2 comments:

lexie said...

Thanks so much for doing the pictures for Amber! You did an amazing job! I wish you could have taken my pictures.
I am glad that Jillian chose Ed. They are super cute together!!

Heather B said...

Ed and those shorts. What a silly thing. I love his confidence though. LOVE IT. I am soooo thrilled she chose Ed. I was just holding my breath, hoping there wouldn't be any other twists or tricks. I think they are so cute together. You are so right, Kiptyn was JUST NOT INTO HER enough. I was so disappointed in his limo departure. Seriously? No more emotion than that? Did he even really like her? I am SO glad she didn't pick him.