Monday, July 6, 2009

No More Serenades in Spain


Well this week, the Bachelorette takes us to Spain. First is her date with Kypton. And I am lovin' her bright yellow tank top. As she and Kyppy wander around a pretty garden, he admits that he's not ready to propose. Hallelujah! Finally somebody realizes that's nuts! But why does Jillian looked so shocked... come on! You're freaking dating 3 other guys!! It isn't exactly a relationship built on anything solid, not time, not trust, not experience... just a good time. Jillian is a little intense with the "i am here to get engaged" statement. hmmmm. How about just finding a great guy to date that may end up in a marriage. And we wonder why there are so many divorces!
Well after that disappointing conversation she takes him Flamenco dancin' ...poor Kypton having to be a dancer for all of America in really tight pants. He was there and smiling only for her (kind of like when we go to some hockey game or war movie with our husbands...I like you, so I'll do this and try to like it too.)

All that dancin' worked up an appetite, so they changed (her outfit reminded me a a roller skating waitress) and headed to dinner. There she grilled him about how much he liked her, compared him to her Dad and refused the overnight date card in the fantasy suite. That's a first... a definite difference between the Bachelor and the Bachelorette. I know there are a lot of Kypton fans out there, but I don't know why I just think he's boring.

But then there's Reid. My hubby and I both like him (yes, I've sucked my hubby in). I like how giggly they are together. Giddy is great! Reid is a realist which I appreciate...he doesn't say things just to make her happy and like him...even when she attempts over and over to get him to say he loves her... he's just not ready to confess his undying love. Another difference between the Bachelor and the Bachelorette. At this point in the other version, the girls are spewing all sorts of love and commitment to the Bachelor. The date mostly includes lots of laughing, some bad Spanish, a cute black outfit (that I desperately hope was shorts and not a skirt with her sitting Indian style in front of him) and another turned down fantasy suite date card by Jillian. Really likin' Reid!

But then onto the real man...Ed. Their daytime date pretty much consisted of them kissing all over Spain...including in some random fountain... did the camera man make them do that? I thought that was weird.

Then after they dried off they headed to dinner, where I, err Jillian totally ate up all the sweet words of the Ed Man. Oh he is a keeper! He wants her to move to Chicago (a guy ready for some commitment!), he can't wait to have kids, and he adores her! Does she need to look any farther. Final rose man, right here!

Then the fantasy suite card shows up again. And I realize I'm a little confused or maybe naive is a better word. I just always assumed the overnight date was for hanging out...not really sleeping together... I mean are the people on the past episodes really up for sleeping with someone who is sleeping with 3 other people? How gross and desperate it that! I really just thought it was the shows attempt to be all steamy, and whenever the camera would focus on the closing door of the suite I would laugh to myself, thinking what a scam that was. But Jillian has been all super serious about this. But my man Ed is thinking along my lines... and suggests they use it to hang out and get to know each other better (without cameras around). And they do, with clothes on.

Then the long and painful death of Wes. He's in Spain and still he's only talking about how his music would do here in Spain. After an awkward date Jillian finally really got down to what Wes is really about. I think Wes was throwing the game at this point though. He wasn't really trying too hard with his lazy answers, his declaration that he's only lookin' out for numero uno, and fake slips about his girlfriend. He had his exposure and he was ready to get home to his girlfriend, sell some CDs and put on some concerts. Though it took Jillian a long time to really grasp the fact that he didn't really like her... she finally sent him packin'! It wasn't the normal sob fest in the departure limo... instead he sucked down some liquor and mumbled some incoherent rants about how he's got a girlfriend and how he's a good actor. Whatever, go home, and I hope you never sell a single CD.

5 comments:

The Hanks Family said...

LOL with wes. I've been watching this and came across your blog from FB so I can't wait till tues am to see what you wrote.

Kara and Mike Barber said...

Hey! how are you! My mom and I love reading your post after the show. I was wondering if you are going to be in Utah anytime from July 27 to Aug 24. I would like you to take pics of Stew if you will be there, I would rather pay you than someone else if you will be there but I figure it is a slim chance you will be, so just let me know. I hope all is well!

Kara and Mike Barber said...

great! i am so excited! i will give you a call.

A. Kuhni said...

Hey Kristen! Thanks for leaving a comment. It is always fun to hear from friends.

So I was taking those pictures with my 50 mm 1.8. I think I need to know what you are using though. Your pictures are incredible. In fact, I would love to pick your brain. Which lenses do you have? What kind of processing are you doing on you pictures? They are gorgeous and I would love to be as good as you are some day but I think I need a little help.

Christine said...

I love this! I don't even have to watch the show cause I can just read your blog! :)