Okay first off I must make an announcement, for any who care... there is to be a Bachelor wedding on March 8th! Jason and Molly are doing their wedding Ryan and Trista style, that is, for all of us to see. Mark it on your calendars. Every once in a while this crazy show actually works.
Well, this episode is taking place in San Fran... one of my favorite cities! They're through with camping and gonna "5 star" it this time. Jake drops the one on one date card at their fancy hotel suite, and it's for Tenley. Oh she's so excited and so pretty, though I do wonder if her voice always sounds like that. As they hop on their private trolley ride I start to wonder how long it's been since her divorce, is she ready for another serious relationship? Anyway, they're off for a day of exploring Chinatown. They just wandered the streets and hung out... it was like a real date... like the kind the rest of us go on (I've actually done that exact date with MY one and only). They're well matched I think, both a bit too sweet, so happy and a bit naive.
Then there's a quick peek back at the girls suite, where another date card has been dropped. It's a 2 on 1 date with Ali and Vienna... AWESOME!!! We're finally gonna see it all go up in flames! Ali looks like she's gonna puke and Vienna's big head has turned bright red. Now this will be some good TV! But then the disappointment, Corrie was just joking... it's really Gia and Vienna. bummer. The joke brings up the issues between Ali and Vienna and an argument begins. Bottom line, they hate each other. Now back to the perky couple in Chinatown.
This perky couple is heading to dinner at some fancy tower. Jake is wearing a really ugly blue turtleneck sweater. He tells us that he pictures her the most as his wife.... and I must agree. Oh they're just sweeter than sugar together. Over dinner he decides to get a little deeper with her and wants to talk about her past marriage. And for once in Bachelor history, her comments were intelligent and mature, I mean, they even made ME reflect on my own marriage and how I could improve. Oh just say "I do" already! Tenley is a keeper. Sorry Ali, I have a new favorite! At the end of dinner they both opened their fortune cookies, which included fortunes that they had written for each other, and they BOTH had written Kiss Me. :) sigh. So they do, while On The Wings of Love, in elevator music fashion plays in the background.
The "double" date begins with a trunk full of clothes for the girls to choose from. These 2 on 1 dates are so AWKWARD!! Jake, Gia and Vienna are heading to a vineyard in Nappa... oh Nappa... you are seriously the prettiest place ever. Vienna how you worry me with comments like "I'm my dad's princess and now I'm Jake's queen and he's my prince charming." How old is she again? They arrive and he grabs both of their hands... weird... and heads into some castle where they're staying overnight. Poor Gia felt like the third wheel next to overly excited Vienna. "While Jakes around I'm gonna try to pretend [Gia] just isn't there" sneers Vienna. Over dinner Vienna goes into why Ali has hurt her feelings, and in between sobs, she pleas her case... Jake listens intently while leaning into Gia. WEIRD. So after Vienna pours out her heart, he asks Gia to spend some time alone with him. Off they go to their own little private spot where they talk about how they're really into each other and makeout. She flips those gorgeous locks (WAY prettier than the nappy extensions of her competitor) and whispers "Is it okay to fall for you." "It's okay to fall... now kiss me more with those full lips of yours." Jake replies. Now as they're making out, Vienna decides she's left her competition alone with her boyfriend long enough, so she grabs a lantern, and begins wandering the halls of the dark scary castle ... determined to stop the love. She finally finds them (why did it take her so long... wasn't there some trail of candles that led to them?) and then it's their time to be alone. His question to Vienna is "what would married life be like with you?" Her answer: "I want to be two giddy 16 year olds, who giggle all the time and don't have bills to pay or jobs to go to or any responsibility at all. We'll just spend Daddy's money and travel the world and live on love!" or something like that. She has absolutely no grasp on reality!!! Compare her answers to Tenley's and it's like comparing a 13 year old to a woman. He didn't seem that in to her. I sure hope he's not. Well then he says good night to the girls and heads to bed... but surprise! he's awoken by Vienna, looking "sexy" and he admits to having "dirty" thoughts.... I'm wondering how much wine he drank. But he was going to keep it rated G and wanted to be fair to Gia and so he sent her back to her room!
Finally it's a one on one with Corrie. She needs one. This gal has had NO camera time... I mean, time with Jake. The poor girl is the only one who hasn't gotten a kiss from him. They're spending a day at the park. They just haven't progressed as far as he has with the other girls, taking "baby steps" like Jake said. While on a boat ride Jake tried to get things moving a bit, by moving himself in a bit, but she doesn't bite, and instead they have an awkward moment with no kissing and then they decide to give up and go to dinner. They just seem like buddies. As they start dinner (under the watchful eye of the fish and sharks) they start to really talk and finally we get a peek into Corrie. And yes, girl, I like you, maybe not for Jake, but honey, I gotta respect a girl who still believes in saving yourself for marriage. Sorry Jake you ain't getting any until you say "I do". He says he's okay with that. And her old fashioned morals won her a kiss!! But I'm still pretty sure they haven't connected enough to save her.
Now we're on to Ali's date. She gets to show him around "her" town. She's originally from back east, but has been living in San Fran for a while. So they went to her own neighborhood, ate breakfast at her favorite spot, walked her running route and just hung out. While straddling him in "her park" they have a good talk about how much she likes him. And then HE brings up the last rose ceremony, specifically about Vienna. And good job Ali, just focusing on Jake and not focusing on her hatred towards Vienna. But Ali, what were you thinking frolicking in the water in your suede boots!?
Rose Ceremony time: Jake spends a little one on one time with everyone, dancing with Tenley, assuring Corrie that her virginity was okay with him and gazing into Gia's gorgeous face. And then the sad news from Jake, ''You know what, I like Vienna. I like her a lot, and I want to fall for her — so I'm just going to let my heart go and see where it lands.'' WHY?!! You know there is a rumor that he picks her. I'm REALLY hoping he's smarter than that. For their alone time he takes her down to his room and they giggle and kiss. Again, what does he see in her?!!! Can any of you tell me? And what was with her hair? It looked awful up like that! Not that those extensions of hers ever look good. Well, then it's time for the chopping block... and I was right, it's goodbye Corrie. They just weren't in the same place in their relationship as he was with the other girls. So it's down to Gia, Ali, Tenley and Vienna for the home town dates.
And as our always exciting preview shows, something dramatic happens again! Another "bombshell" is dropped and they don't have a rose ceremony! Any guesses?
Monday, February 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
HaHa! Have to laugh cause I've been thinking of you since the show last night. :) I agree that asking Tenley and Vienna the same question was like a total blowout - that girl's head is so far up in the clouds that there's never any reaching her. No idea what he sees in her. I also have to agree that Tenley seems like the best match - even sad to admit that Ali has lost my number one vote. But they definitely work well together. Sigh . . . . another week of waiting. :)
I must say that Ali has dropped from favorite to least favorite. She's way to mean to Vienna, who's to say she won't flip on Jake? YES Vienna is immature and childish and makes crazy choices, and is not right for Jake, but at least she's nice!!! But I agree that Tenley is DEFINITELY the right person for Jake. They are both so incredibly nice and genuine and deserve each other.
Do you think one of the girls leaves on her own choice? They are always so tricky with their splicing!
And onto the Vienna subject... I don't get it!! He seems so distant when he talks to her, like he has no interest in her whatsoever and then when he talks to the camera he acts like he's totally falling for her. He's definitely not looking for someone to marry if he chooses her.
I think he likes Vienna for two reasons: 1. he feels sorry for her because she's so "picked on" (which she plays up EVERY time she's with him). I think he's confusing sympathy with love. 2. she always talks about how much she likes him. Who doesn't want to hear that they're the most amazing person in the world? He knows she's crazy for him (however shallow or immature she may be).
No clue what the bombshell is next week but I can't wait to find out!!
I read spoilers. And they have been accurate all season, so I won't tell you my "guess" as to what crazy drama is next week. I just wish so much he would marry Tenley. I love her. Agreed...no idea what he sees in immature Vienna who is used to a Daddy bailing her out all the time. That is trouble, you can see it from a mile away. So sad if he chooses her.
I saw an interview at the very beginning of the season with him (post-season) and Jake was saying that he felt like he picked a great girl and it didnt matter what anyone else thought about it. So NOW I'm thinking Vienna goes all the way. Im just hoping Im wrong tho and that next week when he meets her daddy he'll get the picture of her immaturity.
-Holly
I am so with you on this Vienna thing! She is a spoiled brat and the facial expressions he makes around her make me laugh! I think something happens with Vienna next week because they didn't show much of her hometown visit on the preview. We shall see!!! GO TENLEY!
I needed this update. I can't believe Vienna is still there! I haven't been able to watch in several weeks, and I was hoping she would be gone. I hate to think about him letting go of Tenley for her. Ahh!
Post a Comment