Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Goodbye May, Hello June

Memorial day rolled in with the loudest thunder storm I have heard since I moved out here. I loved it! It woke me up all night, the house was shaking, and I'd smile and go back to sleep. I'm REALLY going to miss these storms. The morning started off with all my little people huddled in my bed listening to the last of the storm, but then it burned off quickly, preparing the world for all the Memorial day festivities.

DSC_2123 DSC_2089

We spent the afternoon/evening eating and playing with our friends the Taylors. Swimsuits, kiddie pool, sprinklers, hotdogs, and a few mosquitos... it truly felt like summer had started.

DSC_2139

DSC_2102

DSC_2138 DSC_2098
DSC_2135

The finale for the night was realizing the kids had decided to cover themselves head to toe in mud. Thank goodness we could just hose them off. So now June has begun, more heat, more mosquitos, more ticks (I've already found one!), more swimming, more fun!

No comments: