Monday, June 28, 2010

What a Turkey

Tonight we're in Istanbul Turkey and after seeing a few pretty shots of the city we hear Ali say, "I don't think anything could go wrong at this point" ... uh, this is The Bachelorette honey, where everything is created to go wrong! The producers make a point of it. And today's dramatic events start up with Chris Harrison showing up at Ali's hotel room. Ali automatically knows something is wrong. He informs her that a "situation" has come up. A former bachelorette Jessie (did anyone else remember her? I didn't until we got the camera shot of her), from last season, has contacted the show and has information about one of the guys. The show did their own homework and could confirm what she was saying. Straight to the phone they go, and after like 10 tension building rings Jessie answers the phone. Chris hands it over to Ali and hears that "one of the guys there has a girlfriend." Her name is Jessica, and she just happens to be sitting there next to Jesse, small world, this Canada. And who is the jerk? Surprise surprise it's Justin. According to his frustrated girlfriend, they've been together for 2 years and he got on the show to promote himself and help his career. I couldn't help but wonder why this doting girlfriend would out her potential husband (wouldn't that put a kink in their relationship?) until she mentioned that she had just found out that he had ANOTHER girlfriend. Oh! So its the jealousy and revenge tactic. Justin you dog.

After getting off the phone, Ali marches over to the guys room to confront him in front of all the other guys. I would never have guessed how he was going to react. He ran! As fast as a guy in a walking boot could run. We got minutes of footage of him scaling rocks and trampling bushes in his walking boot to avoid the camera and Ali. Seriously, where did he think he was going? He finally came back (with his story all figured out, and probably realizing that the show was his free ticket home) to talk to Ali. But it all just pointed to Justin being there for the wrong reason. And as we watch him walk his way off the show we hear the recorded messages that Justin had left for Jessica, delaring his undying love for her, while on the show. DRAMA at it's finest.

Well, back to the normal show, where the one on one card shows up and it's for our southern gent Ty. They wander the streets for a bit and then head to a Turkish bath, supposedly a place to relax. In all the steam and sweat, Ty was trying his darndst to get some kissy kissy, but I could tell she was dragging her feet a bit. But he finally goes in for it... but the body language from her tells me she's still not into it. While he's all over her, she keeps her arms wrapped around her knees and declares him "a good genuine guy." Over dinner they talked about his 1st marriage and how he's grown from the experience. She may not be totally into him but his sweetness and possibly his previous massages won himself a rose anyway.

Then the dumbest group date ever, which included Chris, Roberto, Kirk and Craig. Poor Craig hasn't had a one on one date yet. We see the guys walking along a river to meet Ali in some random fortress, where they drank mugs of beer and found out they were going to wrestle some scary Turkish wrestlers greased down in olive oil. What??? So with traditional music going we watch the guys, all lathered up in oil and leather pants, get their bums kicked. While Ali's hair just got nappier and nappier, we see Craig scrap his way to winning the one on one time after the group date. They (just Ali and Craig) took a boat to a romantic spot for dinner. I don't see sparks here at all... maybe cuz I just don't think he's attractive at all. I'm so confused as to why he is still here. Ali declares him a "great guy, so funny, so sweet" BUT... Sorry Craig, pretty sure you have no chance.

Then on to the one on one with Frank, she's in some fun knee high leather boots, hair looks awful (maybe she should try a braid or something), and Frank shows up. They wander thru the bazaar, trying different candies, dressing up in belly dancing outfits and buying some random rug (which they got to drag around town the rest of the night). Dinner was set up in an awesome spot, all watery, and lit up with lights and candles. They had a deep DTR where both of them admit to being guarded in relationships and how they're both falling for each other. I must admit, I see the chemistry, I see them being at the end together (but the preview at the end of the show gave us some hints otherwise!).

At the rose ceremony the guys sat around discussing how they want time alone with Ali, but Ali tells Chris Harrison she doesn't need a cocktail party, she already knows who has to go. There is someone she just hasn't made a connection with. I'm guessing it's Craig, who she hasn't kissed or even wanted to have some one on one time with him (remember he WON his one on one time with her, she didn't choose to have it). And I was right! Bye Craig. Never thought you had a chance.

So next they're off to Portugual. Now who do you think is the frontrunner? What do you think Frank's issue is? Does anyone else think we need to see more of Chris? :)

3 comments:

Larsen Family said...

Frank is apparently in love with someone else. Maybe a g/f or an ex-g/f or something like that. craziness

Mrs. J said...

I have no idea who she will pick; none. I mean, it was totally Frank..but now that he has his ex-girlfriend scandal, I am so confused. I don't think she is enamored with anyone else the way she was with Frank...it may be another season where no one is chosen.

Robyn said...

I am kind of thinking the same as Mrs. J (above) I was thinking Frank, but with this new info coming out ...I just don't know! And what was up with Chris' shoes during the rose ceremony. I almost had to turn against him for wearing those tennis shoes! :)