Thursday, June 24, 2010

Let Thy Soul Delight In Thy Husband

D&C 25:14

DSC_1386

Forgive me, but I need to brag. Yesterday was a big day for my hubby. He graduated from his 4 year oral and maxillofacial surgery residency program at Oklahoma University. We added it all up and he's been in school for 26 years. We married a month before he started dental school, 8 years ago. Four years later he graduated as valedictorian of his dental class. He's smart, yes, but even more, he's a very hard worker. His great grades and board scores got him into a respected program here in Oklahoma, along with 2 other residents that year. For the last 4 years Bryan has been neck deep in fixing dog bites, broken jaws, gun shot wounds, cleft palates, all nighters at the hospital, puss, blood and all sorts of crazy stuff. It was exhausting, physically and emotionally, but he endured!

IMG_0043

And how did he end this exhausting 4 years? In Bryan fashion, he took the national test for all oral surgery residents (called the OMSAT), and scored a 99, the highest score of all the chief residents in the nation. Yeh, he's mine. Smarty pants, yes. Dang hard worker, Yes! I'm so proud of him.

DSC_1398
Bryan and his co-residents, Eddie and Chris

Last night we got to celebrate the end of his training. Bry's parents and brother and my parents were able to be there too. It was surreal. We have imagined that night for the last 4 years. It was a nice night. We are happy to be done, feel so blessed with how well it has gone and look forward to beginning a whole new chapter of our life.

DSC_4144

DSC_4148

DSC_4133

DSC_4134

Babe, you rock!

DSC_4139

6 comments:

Megan said...

Wow , he is a smarty pants... I'm glad I was able to avoid intelligent Conversation with him over the last 4 years!
Congratulations!!!

Andrea said...

Congratulations!! Good luck with the move and new adventures.

The Carlson Crew said...

Yea for you both!!! Thanks for all your help/advice/listening over the past year...you guys made this transition much easier on both of us.

Good luck with your new adventures!

The Gray Family said...

congrats you must be so proud of him! And I know that you had to deal with so much behind the scenes (behing every good man there is an even better woman!) so congrats to you as well!

M and M Madsen said...

Congrats! What an exciting day. Great work to both of you. I hope this next chapter is filled with joy and success!

CandiShack said...

Congratulations to you guys! I am excited for your cute house and money to be made! :)