Tuesday, October 19, 2010
I'm Online
I've never been much of an online shopper. Airline tickets were just about the only thing I bought online. But things have changed in the last few months. It all started when I was 9 months pregnant, with 3 busy boys in tow, in a town I didn't know very well, in a house that needed some new things and a soon to come baby who needed some things, it all made me rethink how I would go about purchasing the necessities. Suddenly the usually fun trips to the local Target or Hobby Lobby seemed absolutely exhausting! So I started peeking at things online. And I discovered something pretty great. I can hunt through 5 different stores, find sales, compare prices, read reviews and have my onesies or carseat or books or whatever, delivered right to my door (I didn't even have to get out of my jammies!). It's pretty cool. And can I tell you how fun it is to have something show up, brought by Mr Fed Ex man. It's like getting a present... that you know you'll love. Now, I haven't gone as far as ordering my groceries online... I've heard you can do that. But it's even starting to sound like a good idea. Maybe then I'll end up with the 10 items I need instead of the 20 things I saw that I "must have!" (thanks to Target and their fabulous marketing skills). Happy sigh. Sometimes modern technology can be pretty darn great. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
diapers.com is my absolute favorite - free next day delivery and you don't have to scramble to the store with (in my case) 3 kids just to get the crummy things. I'm lucky to make it out of my house at all. :)
Yup, me too. Amazon.com has supplied almost everything in my house! I live by other people's reviews.
Hey, we are going to be in Utah next week and we would love to see you guys if you have a spare second? Let me know if you are up for it!
I use Safeway.com and at that stage with a new baby, ordering Groceries is a MUST! I spent a little more on higher prices but I didn't have any impulse buys so I saved money.
I think Ill be doing most my Christmas shopping online.. way easier
-H
I signed up for Amazon Prime which is I think about $30-$40 a year. It is awesome. Free 2 day shipping on just about everything and their prices for stuff are usually among the best. Love the reviews of everything too.
Post a Comment