Saturday, July 12, 2008

To Shower or Not To Shower

I used to love to get ready. I'd take a nice, long, hot shower, exfolliate, shave from top to bottom! Then I'd get out, lotion up from top to bottom. Curl hair, put on makeup....well you get the picture.
Currently, this part of my day totally stresses me out! First I have to figure out WHEN to shower. My kids get up WAY to early to do it before they're awake. Nap time would be good, except that I have children asleep in every room of my house, including my own (which is attached to my bathroom) so I would wake the little one asleep in my bed. So usually I turn on the tube, make sure all the doors to outside are locked, and bring Cason into the bathroom with me (so he won't get smothered with love and affection) and take the fastest shower possible (don't take a close look at my legs). When I hop out, I throw a towel on and see what the boys have gotten into. Usually I'll just find them staring at the TV in the same spot I left them. But every so often I find something else...
* two boys under the baby's crib eating an entire cake
* two boys giving all their toys a bath in the bathroom sink (soap and water EVERYWHERE)
* two boys eating an entire carton of strawberries on top of the guest bed (I can show you the stains to prove it)
* every pillow in the house (from beds, couches, etc) piled up in the middle of the living room floor with two boys flying thru the air to land on them
AND YESTERDAY:
* two boys in the bathroom eating and playing with a stick of margarine!! Yes, margarine, everywhere! Now I calmed myself by recognizing that this could've been much worse had they gone into a different room... but seriously, margarine?
When do you all take showers?

4 comments:

Mr. & Mrs. Smith said...

Started taking showers at night right before bed when Brandt was small and mobile and just trouble!! It's the only time during the day when my shower could be what it's meant to be--a refreshing, relaxing, clean, by myself experience. And I still don't shave my legs like I should!

Amy said...

shower? what? They are overrated!! :> It is amazing how quickly you can get ready for the day when you have a bunch of kids sitting outside the door conspiring what kind of trouble they can get into while you are away for the whole 120 seconds it takes to shower as a mom...Cute kiddos!!

BrieAnn said...

I've been thankful that I get a shower in everyday...and I only have one little baby. She's just getting to the point where she doesn't need to be held when she's sleeping, so I can take my "long, luxurious" shower - which is now in the 5-10 minute range when it used to be in the 20-30 minute range. I wish I could take a shower at night, but my hair goes on oil overload.

All in all, my shower is during Cora's nap time, but I don't have three different naps to worry about. ;)

Tara Rickards said...

Isn't it funny what changes when you become a mom? The other day, my big kids were gone and I needed to take a shower. I put Ashlyn in my bathroom with some toys, but she kept trying to get in the shower with me. I hurried through and jumped out. Later that day I was sitting on the floor next to her and she leaned up against my leg. I felt so bad when she pulled away becuase my legs were a little prickly!

I had never used the locker room at the gym before, but after my hairy leg incident, the gym has become my new best friend! I can work out AND shower while the kids play. I'm lovin' it!