Sunday, September 28, 2008

General Conference Week Begins

Today in church we were discussing how we could prepare for this upcoming General Conference. It really got me thinking about what I could do to teach my children about General Conferance. I'm a huge believer in family traditions, and so I decided that I would start a new one. The week before each General Conference weekend our family will have General Conference Week. Each day we'll focus on a different part of Conference. I'm hoping this will help create an excitement in my children, for the opportunity to hear the words of our Heavenly Father through a living prophet and apostles.
Each day I will share (through this blog) what we did if you all want to follow along in your own families. I do have little people, so the lessons and activities will be simple and geared toward the oh-so-short attention span. I would LOVE it if you all would share things you do in your families!!!! I need more ideas!! Thanks!!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

OK, Kristen...holy moly....looks like you've had some adventurous times. A tack??? Are you kidding me? And I would love to talk homeschooling. I actually had a whole different post written, but after I looked over it, it was sort of "soap box-ish" and quite lengthy. More than I though people wanted to hear, but I have a lot of reasons for doing it, and like I said...no regrets. I'll shoot you an email with more explanations as to the why's and how's and what's. Sound good? And ask away at the questions. It's good for me.

Topher and Carma said...

I am so glad he got the tack out safe. That is nuts. And...I miss ya, it has been a while since we chatted. I'll call you soon. Good luck with conf week, we might try it with you.

Unknown said...

what a great idea...i love your sweet family traditions! warmly, -melanie-

Holly said...

Such a great idea! Are you going to the church for Conf.?