
Don't we look festive in our red and pink.... there's only so many years left I can make my kids do this with me :) I love holidays, because it gives me a reason and a focus to do fun projects with the kiddos, eat lots of sweets and build more traditions.

My First Project- a Valentine Mobile, copied from Pottery Barn. Theirs $50. Mine $9. And I think mines cuter.

Second Project - Making, eating and delivering Valentine cookies. The boys loved sucking down the frosting and running up to their friends doors to deliver the cookies and valentines.

Third Project - Valentines Dinner. For this I must thank a few of you that posted ideas (or told me about them) on what you do for Valentines Day. I really wanted to start a fun V-day tradition in our home. So instead of fighting the craziness of dinner out that night, we ordered in, from our favorite restaurant, I meant for us to eat it by candlelight, but forgot. Over dinner we read the Valentines we wrote for each other. Lots of warm fuzzies.

Our Valentine Jar. We took the boys aside and asked them "what do you love about Mom/Dad/brother?" and wrote it down on their Valentine. Bryan and I made them too. I think this tradition could get really sweet as the boys get older.
What a fun day. Hmmmm what's next? Who's got any fun St Patricks day traditions?
11 comments:
Happy (late) Valentine's Day! Sounds like you lived it up. And WOW...the tornado! So glad you guys are OK.
Your valentine's day sounded so fun1
St. Patricks? Well, we have a shamrock hunt. In the past they've just been paper shamrocks that I hide different places and they lead to a prize at the end. One year it was Peter Pan since I figured that was a green movie. This year I actually found some little green shamrock boxes that I can put candy in. We all dress in green (of course) and then the food die comes in real handy when making a green dinner.
How cute was this!? I loved everything about your new traditions! And I want to make a heart mobile too! It's adorable!
Kristen, you are seriously the cutest mom!! I love the pic of you and your boys, it could be in a magazine! I loved how the mobiles turned out too, maybe next year I'll be able to take on a fun project!! :-) PS- I have loved all your cute scarfs!!
Oh you are quite the Martha Stewart!! I envy you and all your fabulous skills!
you made that mobile and it looks so cute! i remember you saying you wanted to try it at affair of the heart. you are so talented!
what a cute little family. ps i love all your scarves
I love your mobile! We have cheese and chocolate fondue for Valentine's dinner. The kids LOVE it!
On St. Patricks day a leprechaun always comes to our house and leaves a trail of chocolate gold coins that he collected from the end of the rainbow (or something like that Ha! Need to brush up on my leprechaun stories!) And sometimes he does some other crazy things around the house... you know those leprechauns are very mischievous! One year they made all of our toilet water green, one time they left shamrocks hidden all over the house, and one year they turned our milk green! I love holidays! :)
Oops! I was accidentally signed in as my husband! CT was supposed to be Kristy. :)
LOVED your post! I can't believe you are crafty enough to make that cute mobile! We do dinner at home as well - it always turns out better. I'm going to steal your Valentine jar idea next year :)
Love the heart mobile. I might just have to make one for me! The picture of you and the boys is super cute.
For St Patty's we just wear green and have green food. But I might have to do the shamrock hunt.
#1 love your scarf
#2 love the mobile--pattern available??
#3 love your kitchen table
#4 totally agree with the awkward Bachelor moments on Monday--what the heck? I got chills when they showed the clip with Chris Harrison introducing the "after the rose" show...I'm intrigued.
Post a Comment