Anywho, back to yesterday, the thunder started and my kids all woke up from their naps. We curled up on the couch to listen to it... fun, until the we were listening to the tornado siren instead. We've watched the "Tornado movie" (Wizard of OZ) one too many times so the kids started to get really nervous. I turned on the TV to see how close it was. We watched for a while and could see it would be heading our way in a few minutes. Then the power went out. Great. Then the sirens went off again. The kids jumped off the couch and excitedly ran to the closet. I gathered some blankets to throw on top of us, just in case. And there we sat, Ty on one side, Brans on the other and Cason on my lap, with my dog Lexi trying to squeeze herself in too. Once the wind and sirens stopped we came out. Then the hail began...HUGE hail! I gathered a couple to put in my freezer so my hubby wouldn't think I was exaggerating. The boys grabbed a couple to play with and throw around the house. Then it began all over again...sirens, closet, waiting. During a break in the storm we headed to a friends house that had power. That was the first time I saw the news and saw how devastating the storm had been. We were lucky. The tornados had been close. We had friends who had been hit. A few hours later the power at our house was back. We returned home, noticing 4 different trampolines along the way that were twisted like pretzels and laying in front of or on top of houses and fences. There were fences knocked down, even huge part of a brick one was knocked down.
I was grateful as I safely tucked my boys into bed last night, and thought of those who didn't have their bed to sleep in. And to think, tornado season hasn't even officially started yet.
Here's a couple pics of some places nearby:



9 comments:
I'm so glad you guys didn't get any damage. Those pictures are CRAZY!
Where was the first pic taken, do you know...that house looks totally devastated!!
So glad that you guys are okay.
Won't you be glad to be out of that crazy weather!?! I do remember the awesome thunderstorms in Kentucky...and the few times of tornado warnings, not fun. Glad you are okay.
Glad you guys are ok! Ampy loves to stare out the door during those storms too and it drives me crazy!
O, I am so glad you guys are ok!!! I can't believe how big the pieces of hail are! So I am in Utah right now for the month, as soon as I get home I will post some belly pics!
It was a crazy day! I am glad that you guys came out ok!
Wow, I'm so glad you guys were okay.
Oh my gosh! That is incredible! Whew -- you were blessed! I'm so glad!
Post a Comment