Monday, June 22, 2009

Pleasant Surprises


This episode was FULL of pleasant surprises! The entire episode took place on a train ride (with some stops along the way). Jillian started out in the weirdest outfit...a red flannel with a big shiny belt sinching it up...kinda weird fashion choice. Maybe she wore it to store the date card that she pulled out of no where. It was for a one on one with Robby. No sparks there. No surprise there... I was wondering the same thing Jillian was ...how does a bartender (that's in between jobs) support the family and life she wants? And the vague "I'm just looking for someone to be with" wouldn't exactly woo me either. So, the train slows down just enough to throw him off in the Canadian wilderness without a rose. Wierdly enough the only tears came from Michael the breakdancer... doesn't he want his competition to go?

The group date came with a nice surprise, Wes' first admission that he is a fame happy jerk! Did he really admit that in front of all America? He said he can taste the fame... I got records to sell .... oh please! Did he not think this one through? He's on The Bachelorette, watched by WOMEN, who buy things based on emotion. We all hate you... thus we hate your music.

Also on the date was Tanner and his freaky feet thing... again!!! He must have been dying in all this cold weather.... and no bare feet. But , Tanner you just get weirder... and tackier... droppin' your drawers to get a hometown date? Since when does seeing you in your underwear make a girl like you more? Awkward!!! You have serious issues. And did he seriously say that if she painted her toe nails "mango mango" (I'm assuming that's a nail polish color...how does he know that?!!!) her feet would be a 10.... why has she not sent that boy packing? SO CREEPY! Okay, I did think of one reason to choose him though... think of all the foot rubs you'd get throughout the years...oooh that'd be nice.
She did get a little alone time with Jake... he's way too good for her. She totally wouldn't appreciate him (especially after he tells her she reminds him of his mom). Jake says he's amazed cuz he never thought he would meet a girl like Jillan... where is he looking? I know at least 30 girls who are better than her. Jake got nothin' more than a hug when Kypton showed up... she's definitley got the most chemistry with him ...oooh and I'm likin' her red boots... I can't not notice them when they're wrapped around Kypton's waist. Again, I say, I don't totally love him... he's quite arrogant and I don't think he's that good looking... but I could say the same thing about Jillian, so maybe it's a perfect fit.

Okay then another pleasant surprise, her time with Jesse! I actually really like him! He definitley hasn't been given enough enough camera time... what's he do? Anyone know? Does he have more long term goals then making drinks or breakdancing? If so...I say he's a frontrunner!

Then another conversation with Wes the PIG! Not exactly a pleasant surprise but I was glad he finally admitted to all the other guys that he was there to get his career promoted. And did you all notice that he was the only one that got totally ticked when Tanner admitted to be the tattletale on the girlfriend saga? What's sad is how blind Jillian is... ''Wes is the kind of guy who, I don't think he knows how to lie.'' Oh girl.

Then the one on one date with Reid, another pleasant surprise...what a cutie...though a little neurotic! He's very real, that's what I liked. Not just saying what she wants to hear... not begging for her approval. Just being him. Wanting her to be her. And seeing where that takes them.

Well at the rose ceremony it was goodbye to Tanner and Jake. Jake good luck finding someone so much better. Tanner, go find a job at a shoe store...or maybe go to podiatry school.

Okay and HOLY MOLY the trailor was NUTS! Who else thinks ED IS COMING BACK!!! I'm crossing my fingers for that pleasant surprise!!!

4 comments:

Kenz said...

Ok, so I always agree with you, though I actually think Kypton is pretty cute. I'm glad someone was willing to say what we are all thinking- that Jillian is actually not very pretty. Sad. But true. After last night's episode, Reid emerged as my frontrunner favorite. Darling! And Ed coming back????? Wow, that would be something. Maybe that's why he kept his rose, to make a dramatic return.

Heather B said...

Jillians blog answers some of your thoughts/questions: http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/06/23/bachelorette-blog-jillian-on-wes-jake-and-her-wardrobe/

You are so right about women, Wes, and his music. I hope his album totally tanks. And no kidding, Tanner is NUTS if he thinks somehow a woman is going to be impressed by that. Sick. Can't WAIT for the return of Ed (hot hot hottie).

Anonymous said...

OK! I am so glad that you are following this as closely as i am! Jesse hates to talk about it so you are my sounding board! alright, i HATE WES!! what a slimeball and why she can't see it i have no idea! I LOVE JESSE too!(and the other jesse too :)) he is a wine maker in California! he is quality male material i tell you! he's a hottie! let's all vision Wes leaving and maybe it will just happen!

lexie said...

So I haven't watched the show at all yet but I watched it on Monday and now I am totally hooked!!