Friday, October 30, 2009

Pumpkin Palooza

Well we finally got to it. Wasn't sure it was going to happen with how crazy life has been. But the boys picked out their pumpkins. Dad squeezed in an hour to come home in between surgeries. We turned on our Halloween music and we went to work on our masterpieces.

DSC_0030 DSC_0014

The boys were both so excited that they were old enough to carve their own pumpkins... though really they just poked holes all over and left the hard stuff to mom and dad.

DSC_0054 DSC_0046

Cason wanted a knife so badly (and actually got his hands on one a couple of times) so I didn't argue when he started coloring with markers all over the pumpkins and himself. It was safer that way.

DSC_0043

The boys described to me what they wanted carved.

DSC_0049

And this is what we came up with. Pumpkin #1- Brans wanted a werewolf pumpkin, thus the bushy eyebrows and fangs, Pumpkin #2 Ty drew that face all on his own, Pumpkin #3 Ty wanted a vampire pumpkin that matched his trick or treat bag.

DSC_0057

DSC_0066
Let the parties begin!

5 comments:

Megan said...

So fun! Ty did a great face!!

Mrs. J said...

wow, kris, an actual picture of you! I don't think i have posted one of myself in a long time, cause frankly there aren't ever taken of me. GOod to see your face:)

Phil and Holly said...

Cason looks so old!! I love his hair. Cute pumpkins boys! Very scary and silly

-Aunt Holly

Danielle said...

I wasn't sure if we would get pumpkin carving in either. It's such a fun tradition! Love that the boys designed and helped, can't wait til Hannah is old enough to do that!

Btw, I'm such a slacker- but Happy Late Birthday, sounds like you had a wonderful day!

Misty said...

So fun! I love that last pic!!