Tuesday, June 8, 2010

It Seemed Like Such a Good Idea

Every year in June we head to this great blackberry farm where you can pick your own berries.

DSC_2650

The boys SO look forward to it. They've asked for months if it was time to go pick berries. Last night I announced that we were going in the morning. They couldn't wait. We woke up, got in our darkest shirts (oh the berry juice just gets everywhere!) and met our friends at the farm with baskets in hand (okay actually we had an empty hot chocolate container in hand).

DSC_2596 DSC_2611

DSC_2634 DSC_2648
The kids weren't disappointed. They got their sticks to move the thorny branches out of the way, they nibbled as they went and filled up our bucket.

DSC_2646

DSC_2605 DSC_2628
DSC_2620 DSC_2621
DSC_2622

I was happy that: I remembered the bug spray (trying to avoid more ticks, we've already had 2 this summer), that we got there early enough to avoid extreme heat and that I wasn't pushing a stroller this year.

DSC_2657

What I didn't expect:
1) That I would be the most exhausted from the trip. This pregnancy thing is kickin' my butt. The kids were happy as can be running around and I was squatting in the shade, trying to keep from getting dizzy.

2) That I would get the best nap later that day. Seriously, exhausted.

3) That Brans would decide to take the entire bucket of berries and DUMP THEM UNDER TY'S BED. Yes, on the carpet! What in the world was he thinking???? I still haven't totally figured that out. Something about it being their secret hide out. I did learn (from my dear friend Google) that boiling hot water is the best way to get out the stains. ugh.

3 comments:

Larsen Family said...

OH WOW!! I would be so mad! SOrry about that...that is a bummer. I do laugh that the kids are wearing cougar shirts! Those are held sacred in our house :) haha. I wouldn't let the kids wear theirs to get dirty! haha j/k

A. Kuhni said...

Looks like a total blast! I wish we had places like that in AZ to go pick berries. I have never done it before! Great shots of the kids picking them.

Nicole said...

OK, CRAZY! So sorry about the carpet. But I am sort of amazed. One time I got a really bad stain on a shirt and I was not wanting to throw it away, so I boiled it. On the stove. Totally worked. Ever since then, I boil water in the microwave and pour it on stains on the carpet. Totally works!