Monday, June 14, 2010

Spreading the Love... I Mean Germs

As the episode begins it opens with a big announcement...they're all leaving their bachelor pad and will be traveling around the world for the rest of the season... so now we're watching the Amazing Race version of Bachelorette. So we catch up with Ali, who is now in New York doing some sort of advertisement/modeling for In Style magazine. They doll her all up in some new clothes and makeup and hair (she desperately needed some help with her hair).

Meanwhile the boys are set up in a sweet suite at the top of some skyscraper and the first date card shows up. It's for our intense Kasey... who declares that "life can't get any better than right now"... really? Just you wait Kasey, it gets better... you get to start off the date in Helicopter of Love #2. He keeps going on and on about how this whole thing is like a fairytale... but I don't remember one fairytale, not Snow White, not Rapunzel, that included the princess kissing a bunch of princes. After their oh so (not) exciting helicopter ride, Kasey decides to break out in a random song that he seems to be making up as he goes. Oh it was so bad for so many reasons... 1- HE CAN'T SING, 2- my son could have come up with better lyrics, 3- he's lookin' CRAZY! All this one on one time with him is only convincing Ali that he's really "cheesey". His declarations that she's everything he ever wanted is a bit much. He doesn't even know her. Man he's really intense! Psycho intense. He couldn't let the date end without singing her another song. Diggin' himself a grave. Ali totally wanted him to go but I don't think she had the guts to do it... so she didn't give him a rose but she didn't send him home either. Oh girl, band aid technique would've been better, the quicker the less painful it is (especially knowing now what he was going to do next).

Next is the group date: Roberto, Jesse, Craig, Kirk, Jonathon, Frank and Ty and they're off to Time Square to meet Ali at the Broadway play The Lion King. She talks about how excited she is about Broadway and the boys all nod in false agreement. Though my hubby actually does like theatre, I'm pretty sure the majority of the fellas here with Ali have never seen, nor were hoping to see a Broadway play. Now for the awkward part... they squeeze the boys in tight Lycra shorts and make then gyrate with the choreographer and sing a tryout solo. Oh it was awful... except for Jesse who actually had a pretty good voice. The producer then picked Roberto to spend the rest of the night with Ali and they get to be in the actual production that night. So they dress them up in some very UNFLATTERING costumes and practiced their part and then they got to perform that night... okay that part was actually pretty darn cool. The after party included the rest of the group (who were feeling pretty darn dejected for the past few hours of watching Roberto and Ali gaze at each other). Despite poor Ali's sickness the show had to go on, one on one times and all. She did spend some good time with Frank, I think she really likes him and I really like him. I think he's genuine and sweet. Blah blah blah for the other guys... everyone trying their darndest to impress Ali and I'm sure all she wanted to do was go back to her room and curl up in bed with some NyQuil. At least Kirk realized this, and he jumped on this opportunity, walked her up to her room and tucked her in, with bedtime stories, lullabies and everything.

Then on to the last one on one date. Whoot whoot Chris L (and it happens to be his birthday). I'm such a fan. But unfortunately Ali woke up even more sick than the day before, so his date consisted of hanging out with her in her room, in her sweats. That's a great date... closest to reality, just some lounging, chicken noodle soup and lots of talking.

Meanwhile Kasey has disappeared. Where is he? Getting a TATTOO! Nothin' says love like a tacky black shield, rose and heart permanently inked into your wrist. I'm pretty sure Ali won't be impressed by that! And what was with him not telling the guys the truth and instead telling them all that his bandage was from some sort of burn accident and that he's been in the hospital? Oh get this guy off this show before he does something desperately permanent... oh wait he already did that.

After an afternoon of hanging out with Chris, she felt up for a night out to dinner. So over a birthday lobster dinner, they talked more, called his dad and then headed up on the roof to listen to Johsua Radin (who was pretty good, I just might have to check this guy out) and danced and kissed. Sigh. He's still my personal fav AND he did get his rose :) He's the only guy who did get a rose on a date.

And of course we wrap things up at the Rose Ceremony: Jonathon brings out his guitar... please NO MORE SINGING! Have mercy, how many of you guys are gonna sing to her!? It's not a way to stand out anymore. Kasey YOU ARE CRAZY! He showed the guys his heart protecting declaration on his wrist but fails to get the time with Ali to show her... bummer... I really think that would've put him in the NO rose category. But somehow he did end up with a rose, along with Kirk, Frank, Roberto, Craig (?), Chris N (? who are these two?), Justin and Ty.

Front runners: Chris L, Roberto and Frank... what'd you think?

5 comments:

M and M Madsen said...

I am going with Roberto or Frank. I can't believe they let that guy get a tat! What a mistake- poor guy.

Hey, good luck with your big move!

Janeal said...

Kirsten,
So glad that you are watching and that I can read your re-cap and voice my opinion. I am too embarrassed to admit to anyone that I am watching. :) Here are my thoughts after last night. Roberto and Christ L are definitely my favs. Frank is getting too whiney. I think that Craig or Chris N is a spy. I don't know his name, but one of them has kind of thin, dark hair and he never talks to her, never is shown with one on one time and she kind of gave him a "look" at the rose ceremony like "he, he, we have a secret" kind of look. That is my theory anyway. Thanks for letting me discuss. :) Good luck with your move. You are wonder woman to be moving and very pregnant. Hope everything goes well.

Janeal said...

Sorry, typo on your name. :) I do know how to spell it.

The Gray Family said...

I agree that Kasey is crazy...and giving a bad name to all us Clovis people :>) I am fortunate to have a big group of gals in my ward who are all as addicted to this show as me, and the first night I picked Frank, Chris L. (my fave too!), and Justin as her top 3 picks (usually I am all out by this phase of the game). Good luck with selling your house!

Waggoner Family said...

My favs are your favs! I really like Frank...he is really funny and real! So is Chris L. but he does talk a lot about his mom so that could be a weird thing! We shall see!!!