Monday, June 27, 2011

Hong Kong Havoc

The Bachelorette crew is now in Hong Kong China! Ashley roams around the city looking good in her skinny, skinny jeans and semi-see-thru white silk dress shirt and she is still moaning like a heart broken high school girl about Bentley. Chris knocks on the door of her hotel room and surprises her with the news that Bentley is in that hotel and is here to talk to her. Ashley just about drops dead. "Are you serious?! Are you joking?!" she says in her stupefied state. I'm pretty sure she's thinking Bentley is here to fight his way back. Poor dim Ashley. Chris writes down Room 4315 on a piece of paper and tells her she can go talk to him when she's ready. Whoa Bachelorette people! We're starting this episode out with a bang, no working our way up to the climax. The rest of the episode might be so boring.

She arrives at dooms door and knocks. I think she might throw up. Is it bad that I'm actually a little excited to see ol' Bentley again. You have to admit he makes this show a bit more interesting. Bentley ask "who is it?" (pretty sure I could hear a giggle) even though he can look through the door peep hole. The conversation was pretty to the point. And I was proud of Bentley and Ashley for both saying what needed to be said. He told her that it was no longer a dot dot dot ending but was more of a period. I know some people will fault him for a) not saying it even more bluntly.. but come on! Have you ever broken up with someone rudely? No, you try to say it as softly and nicely as possible and b) because, like she said, he could've just called, why did he come all the way out to Hong Kong (for a "vacay")... well I am POSITIVE we can blame abc for that one. Guaranteed they were VERY excited to get their golden boy, the only exciting person in this season, back on their show... even if it was only for a few minutes. Ashley was then FINALLY able to see the situation for what it was and told him off. As soon as it started, the conversation was over and Ashley was ready to move on! Yay for Ashley.

And now we're back to the guys that are actually there for Ashley. The first one on one goes to Lucas. Ashley chooses to wear an odd cream off-the-shoulder-with-straps shirt thing and white pants and they head downtown to walk the street markets. For dinner they hopped a super cool sailboat with glowing red sails and ate on the water with the big city skyline lit up behind them. Over dinner they talked about his divorce. They are friendly to each other, but really I don't see big romantic sparks... but apparently she still has some questions about him and loves how "womanly" she feels around him, so she gave him a rose... and some passionless kisses.

Next date card arrives and it's for Sunshine, Chef Mickey, Shaggy Constantine, Ken Doll Head, Shaggy Ben and Dr Blake. Whoa! That means JP gets a 2nd one on one date! Sunshine and Dr Blake haven't even gotten one yet! The guys meet Ashley (dressed in black sailor cut pants and a black bikini top covered up by a white shirt knotted over her belly button) on the beach where they'll be dragon boat racing. But before they can race they have to head into town and convince some of the locals to help them row. So 3 teams of Bachelors and a bunch of random Chinese people got in their boats and to the beat of a drum rowed there way across the ocean. And the winners were Ken Doll Head man and Chef Mickey. And what did they win? A rose? Some alone time with Ashley? No. A metal dragon that apparently they'll have to share. Lame. Afterward they went out for drinks, she was dressed in an animal print mini tank dress. Ames took advantage of his one on one time by shoving Ashley into an elevator and then shoving his tongue down her throat. Shaggy Ben in his bright yellow v-neck sweater, was up for some smoochin' too, and though he's an admitted skeptic he is really falling for her. Sunshine, with his new facial hair and perma grin, got his turn next. While he beamed at Ashley, the guys were busy talking about how he was too "exuberant." Too much happiness for these guys to handle. But Ashley seems to like his "cheese" and gave him the rose.

And now to our last date, with JP!!!! I think I was as excited as Ashley for this date. Dressed in her sheer white tunic, black bra and leggings she runs and jumps into JP's arms when she sees him. Over a picnic dinner they talked about relationships and for some weird reason Ashley decides to tell him about Bentley. Why is she sabotaging herself? But my man JP took it like a champ. He rocks. Ashley keep him and his sweet brown eyes and cute heart shaped lips. I just love how real they are with each other and how sincere he is. With his new rose pinned to his shirt they took a romantic train ride up to the top of the city and shared a bottle of wine while being serenaded by some traditional Chinese music... Aaaand made out! Oh yeah.

It's cocktail party time and Ashley is dressed in a rockin' silver mini dress, that actually made her look like she had a chest (uh, lets all say it together.... falsies!). She decided this was the time to tell the guys about Bentley. But the guys didn't react the way she wanted them too. No hugs and kisses this time, just stares and blunt statements about wasted time. Basically what I saw was a whole lot of guys with their pride bruised. Sunshine seemed to take it well, probably because he's a confident, look at things half full kind of guy. Ken Doll Head doesn't seem too shaken either. But Dr Blake and boring Lucas voiced their frustration and Chef Mickey went as far as asking to leave. Ashley gave one last sob filled speech which satisfied the remaining fellas before rose ceremony time. And the last 3 roses go to Shaggy Ben, Shaggy Constantine and Ken Doll Head. It's goodbye Dr Blake. That's what you get for being so grumpy all the time. Maybe you should learn a little something from Sunshine. Back to dentistry you go.

Next week they're headed to Taiwan. And there's LOTS more exotic dates, LOTS more tears, more people returning to the show and LOTS and LOTS more bang fixing to come. So do you think the rest of the season is going to be better or are you all still wishing for a different Bachelorette?

1 comment:

Christine said...

This episode was so much better than the previous ones. I'm a bit more hopeful now. I LOVE JP. Love, love, love him. I want her to pick him. He's awesome.

I'd agree with you on the Bentley thing if he hadn't said so many inappropriate things about her before. I thought he was still trying to play with her. I know he probably didn't want to be rude to her face but still, I think he was messing with her. I am sooooo glad that's over with though so we can all MOVE ON. I hope she never mentions his name again.