Saturday, June 11, 2011

Okay, I'm Officially Happy About Living In Utah

Confession: I didn't want to move to Utah. I had my reasons. But after much prayer and thought Bryan and I knew Utah was where we were supposed to be. I was determined to have a good attitude about it too. And ya know since living here these last few months there have been a few thing that have made me start to love this place. The people I live by are kind, accepting and lots of fun. And seriously you CANNOT beat the view. Every day the mountains take my breath away. But my favorite thing about moving here? Being near family. Our whole marriage we've been across the country, far away from any relatives. We missed out on all the parties, the marriages, the new babies. But now I have weekends like I had this weekend.

DSC_1136

First we got to meet up with Bryan's siblings to celebrate Auntie Michelle's birthday. We gobbled up some YUMMY food at Layla's, a Mediteranean restaurant. So much better than just having to send a card.

DSC_1132

And of course she needed a fun cake too! So I made her a fun sparkly purse cake!

DSC_1154

Then the next day we were off to a pool party to celebrate this darling little guy's birthday (he's our cousin)!

DSC_1200

I knew Nanna would want to see lots of pics of Tess in her swimsuit... so here ya go!

DSC_1159

DSC_1156

And of course a few of the boys too! I'm gonna be teaching Cason to swim this week. No more life jackets wiill be needed!

DSC_1150

Brans doesn't need a jacket but just couldn't resist putting on these cute life jackets that have fins on the back.

DSC_1151

And Ty is my fish. He was in the water for probably 4 hours straight.

DSC_1205

Tessa liked the water too, but I think she liked the watermelon the most.

DSC_1193

More pics for Nanna.

DSC_1224

Stew and his birthday cake.

DSC_1255

Happy 2nd Birthday buddy! So glad we could make it to your party!

DSC_1265

I'm so glad I'm not missing all these fun events and I'm even more happy that my kids aren't missing them. They have such great aunts, uncles, cousins, grandmas, grandpas and even a great grandma that love them and are such great people! For that reason alone, Utah is a pretty great place to live.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

The cake you made was amazing! You are just so multi-talented! :) Miss you tons!

Dodson Family said...

We miss you guys in Oklahoma! I very much miss having you take pictures of our daughter Addison. I'm glad to see that Utah has been fun for your family. I was wondering what photoshop you like to use for your pictures. I'm trying to take better pictures of my family!