Monday, June 20, 2011

A Knock Out Time In Thailand

It's Bachelor night and we're still in Thailand, but now we're off to Chang Mai. "I don't think there is any other city in Thailand that I would want to go on a date in more." Oh really Plastic Man? Ashley is pretty happy to be here too and wanders around in a belted shirt dress feeling like Chang Mai is the perfect way to get out of her "dark place."

Guys get set up in their totally gorgeous presidential suite and Chris drops off the date card and the news that there will be a two on one date. dun dun dun. That was my sound of doom. The guys are now nervous and the first date goes to Ben F, the other shaggy guy.

Ashley shows up in a fuchsia tank and white mini skirt. Her hair looks good in a pony tail. She and our winemaker head to the local Farmers market. They frolic around tasting local food and painting umbrellas. Looks like he's totally into her and "feels like [he's} on a vacation with [his] girlfriend." Last stop of the afternoon is at this gigantic temple where the sexual tension burns, but they can't kiss, cuz its too sacred of a place. Instead they resort to mental kissing, which oddly enough makes them want each other even more. Afterward they change into their nice evening clothes, or in Ashley's case into a fashion NIGHTMARE. Did anyone think that belted strapless capri romper (WHAT?!) was a good idea? But I did think her dangly white stone earrings were cute. I'm really trying to focus on the positive here. Oh and the setting!! So stinkin' A-MAZE-ING. Over dinner he pours out his heart about his father's passing and how he is no longer an "emotional zombie" and is ready for love. And while people dance and breath fire around them, they kiss and it's full of all the "passion" Ashley was mentally imagining.

The Group dates theme was Love is worth fighting for... or should I say, getting a concussion for. Constantine, Dr Blake, Mickey, Lucas, Nick, Misshapen Ken Doll, Sunshine and JP are all "lucky" enough to get the group date. Ash looks pretty darn great in her yoga pants and bright blue sports bra. "Spandex was invented for people like her" drools one of the guys, and I have to agree. Ames admits that he's never been in a fight in his life... though his misshapen face would have led me to believe otherwise. After 2 hours of training its time to put on their colorful boxing shorts and get shipped off in a little Thai clown car to go watch...no, actually do their own Thai boxing. What is with this season?! I seriously think the producers decided that they would come up with the worst dates ever this season, anything that will embarrass, humiliate and hurt as many people as possible in one season. Hey anything for some good drama to advertise about. First up is Lucas and Blake who wants "to show Ashley that I'm more than just a dentist. Love is worth fighting for" and he meant it. He had no concern for protecting teeth today and beat down Lucas for the win. JP, our little scrapper, beat Mickey. And then its time for Sunshine and Ken Doll (who got stuck in the fluorescent pink shorts). After a few punches to the noggin' Ames is looking woozy and Sunshine is declared the winner. We don't even know what happened between the last two Bachelors because everyone is more concerned with that fact that Ames' eyeballs are still swimming around in his head. Off Ken Doll goes to the Thai hospital to be diagnosed with a mild concussion. Ashley is feeling awful about it all, "I thought it'd be a really fun thing... I thought everyone would bond." Ash, the boys are stuck together 24-7, they don't need anymore bonding time. That night at their little after-party, the mood is subdued. But Ken Doll arrives, still a little shaken and speaking gibberish, but happy to be back with Ashley. All the guys continue to vie for her attention, but Blake ends up with the pity rose... cuz he needs some "positive reinforcement."

So now it's onto the date of death, the two on one, with William and Ben C. Ashley (in a cute white tank and shorts sits down on a long flat raft while the guys push it along the river (nevermind the poor little Thai guy holding onto the raft guiding it in the river). This is the worst kind of date, it's always awkward. William the snake, tells her his competition is there for the wrong reason, that Ben is just waiting to go home and get his game on at match.com. And Ashley actually believes it... insecurities confirmed. She marches right over to our napping Ben and sends him home. So now cell phone sellin' William and Ash are gonna make this a one on one date and William is pretty sure he's getting a rose. But his game plan backfired. Bringing up her insecurities has put her in a no nonsense mood and in her red and black lycra-one-shouldered-mini mistake-of-a-dress she told him that it just wasn't there between them and sent him home. Yay. Send that 30 year old boy home. Scene ends with the never-handed-out boutonniere burning in the flames.

So now it's cocktail time, and Ashley is still in a funk. Her drab black sleeveless cocktail dress isn't helping at all. Though the guys go through their usual minutes of telling her how great she is, Ashley just isn't hearing it. She's just not able to focus on anything except... here is comes again... Bentley. In her deliberation room with Chris she admits that her heart still yearns for Bentley. Surprisingly Chris does not hit her upside the head, but instead holds his tongue and says that he'll try to find a way to have her talk to Bentley so she can settle things. I'm sure the producers were jumping for joy to have a reason to have their golden drama and money maker boy back.

She still has to hand out some roses though and the winners were Constantine, Dr Blake, JP, Ken Doll head, Mickey and Sunshine. Goodbye Mr. Flavor Savor Nick. I guess we'll never know if he has a personality.

So really, what do you guys think so far? Are you liking this season? Are you fed up with Ashley? Do you think she'll end up finding love? And what do you think will go down next week when Bentley returns? I'd love to hear your opinion!!

4 comments:

Mrs. J said...

Honestly, the thing i just kept thinking the whole time was Poor Ashley. She is just digging herself deeper and deeper into a miserable hole. And these poor guys are on that miserable ride with her. I loved the part when Chris flat out said she was being dishonest to them. Here she is demanding they all be as honest with her as possible...that if they arent interested then go home..YET, she cant do the same with them.
You know the producers BEGGED Bentley back..and I cant wait to see how that conversation plays out in the hotel.
Horrible season...how could they possibly go back to the Fun Show it once was after this?

Heather said...

Your recaps are hilarious!! Love all the nick names, I call Ames hunchback of notre dame cause thats what his face looks like to me! ;) We have a group of ten girlfriends that get together to watch and this season definitely has us rolling our eyes and screaming at the tv! She has the lowest self esteem, it's so pathetic!! AND it's super annoying!! She is just screwing herself over, we are all looking forward to the "strict mormon" Bentley(it said that in a magazine we read and were LOL over that!) coming back now to see how she can make it even worse! Till next week!

Christine said...

Honestly, I'm enjoying your recaps a whole lot more than the show this season. I want Bentley to come back just so we can all move on. It's not much fun to watch a moping Ashely every week. I hope it gets better. Thanks for faithfully recaping it every week! Oh, and really, who is dressing Ashley? Seriously

Rylee & Kimball Hannan said...

I hate this season!!! Ashley is annoying me so bad. Her cloths her group activities and her obsesson with Bentley I can't handle anymore... I just wish Chris would show her what he said and then tell her to get over it! I'm sick of after every episode she questions if she will find love... Come on get a grip! I love this show but this season is killing me!!