Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Few Fun Days With Dad

After a few rough weeks (actually months!) with the kiddos not seeing much of their Daddy, Bryan took a couple days off!!

DSC_2120

The kids woke Dad up bright and early, begging him to help them plant some seeds (they were waiting to plant them with him). Bryan is gonna love that I posted his sweet bed head...but honey, nothin' is hotter than watching you play with the boys!

Later we headed down to Grapevine TX to the Great Wolf Lodge with our good friends the Smiths. It's a hotel with a HUGE waterslide park inside. IT WAS AWESOME! Highly recommend it!

DSC_2128

Do you remember how magical hotel rooms were as a kid (before you thought about who else has slept in your bed)? The kids ran around fascinated with everything...like the little fridge...they both climbed in to it.

DSC_2131

Cason just wanted to play Nintendo....for $7.00 an hour....uh no.

DSC_2161

After settling in we were off to the waterpark. The kiddos loved it!

DSC_2165

DSC_2159

Well, it took some a little longer to get used to the splashing.

DSC_2136

After intentionally exhausting them, we headed back up to the room, jumped into the bath (me and the boys all together....they were tickled to have me join them!) and then had pizza and a movie. Laying in bed with my whole family all tucked around me was blissful!

DSC_2174

The boys woke up at 6:00am ready to hit the water again. We spent hours sliding down huge waterslides, dipping in the hot tubs, playing in the wave pool, and splashing...LOTS of splashing (thus my camera only came out for about 5 minutes).

DSC_2190

DSC_2195
If any of you are looking for a place to take the kids for a quick vacation, check and see how close you are to one of these Great Wolf Lodges. For us it was some great family fun!

4 comments:

Devin, April, Gavin and Drew said...

We actually have one pretty close to us and a ton of the people in our ward have gone... they LOVE it! I'm not sure it's worth the money yet, maybe when Gavin is a year older! How fun to have Bryan home for a few days! The boys looked like thay had a great time!

~Jen~ said...

I've wanted to go to that place forever. It looks like you had tons of fun! I'm glad you and the boys got some time with Bryan!

Okey's said...

I just looked at your photo blog/website, and you do an incredible job! I also love the evolution of you. Just know that at the time, you were totally 'instyle'. I had a friend by me who saw the picture of me and she didn't even recognize me with you in the picture. Oh and by the way, I love your hair now.

Waggoner Family said...

We went there over Christmas Break and LOVED IT! I did the same thing, took my camera in for about 5 minutes and was still scared to death of it getting wet! Love the pics!