
The boys worked so hard to be careful and make they're eggs perfect.

Ty wanted dinosaur eggs!

Brans just wanted them as bright as they could get.

Crayon was used, stickers were attached.... it was so fun to watch that I had to join in too (I've also re-discovered the fun of coloring!)

And waa la! We were successful! Eggs dyed beautifully (only 2 got dropped and cracked)...

Mess was contained to 10 colorful little fingers....

And everyone was happy!!

Well, except for Cason, who was pretty miffed about being left out of the whole event. Maybe next year kiddo!
Oh, and does anyone have an eggcellent idea on how to teach little people the real meaning of Easter? I really want to focus on that every season. Let me know what you're doing or did this year. And I'll share what I did. Thanks!
2 comments:
I just love your pictures, Kristen. I need to schedule a family portrait session with you... This is what I did with Chad: he missed his preschool a couple weeks ago when it was the letter "E", so I did our own preschool at home that day. Part of it I wrote Easter and Egg on a poster board. Then I cut out a picture of Jesus from the Ensign or something and taped it on there. I did this all while he was sitting there. Then I drew three pictures as I explained what they meant. The first picture was a cross, with a stick figure of Jesus on it. I told Chad how Jesus died. Then I drew a 'tomb' - (all of my pictures were very stick-figure-ish...) - and Jesus laying down in the tomb. The third picture was the tomb empty. I explained that Jesus was alive again! Then I drew Jesus standing next to the tomb. Chad was able to recite the whole story back to his daddy that evening! (I just might have to make a video of him doing it).
I have a few different things. One is an easter egg hunt with things in the eggs that have to do with the Easter story. I also got a great visual from Natalie's nursery teacher that actually is the tomb and its on hinges so you can first see Jesus in the tomb and then you turn it and open it again and he is gone. My kids have also really enjoyed the church videos.
Post a Comment